Esteemed Contributor

Re: Petition to QVC =Keep the Forum OPEN

@nyc1 wrote:

HOW RIDICULOUS of QVC to shut this down. 

Not only do we exchange info about a lot of products they sell, which helps generate sales.....  but,  they maintain an active QVC community of people who gravitate to the website, which is IMMESURABLE.    Why on earth would you ever abandon that?  Yes,  I understand that it costs money to monitor,  but you are getting it back over and over in sales and loyalty.  

My purchases would be A LOT LESS, and will be,  once this is gone. 

@nyc1  you certainly put it better then I did ,  my sentiments exactly !

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I  must have missed the memo.  Where was it announced that the Forum is shutting down? Seems to me this Forum does more good to them than perhaps any of us.  THEY KNOW WHAT WE ARE THINKING AND WHAT WE NEED.Without feedback, positive and negative they are missing out. I guess they will just go by sales alone. 

@bonnielu 

It's at the top of the Forums page. 

Trusted Contributor

As a long-time QVC customer, I have enjoyed the forums.

Count me in as someone who feels forums should

stay open.

Contributor

Add me to the list! Please keep the forums open!! Thank you!!

Respected Contributor

Add me to list to please keep the forums.

I spend money every month  at QVC and rely on reviews, opinions  and help from the ladies on these forums - very often showing me alternative Q purchases which I would never have thought of -  very silly decision losing the forums ergo losing customers.

Contributor

Please keep these forums open.  We all share valuable information, and get good answers to questions.  I enjoy reading many of them every day.  Please keep them open!!!  I think it would be a very kind thing for a big company like you to do for so many people, especially the way the world has changed.  So many people would miss them.  Please keep the forums open!!!

Honored Contributor

I would like to keep the forum open!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

It will be a very sad day indeed if QVC goes through with their plan to shut down this forum. It keeps me coming to the website several times every day even when I'm not shopping or watching because QVC is out of season with the tropical climate I live in. It provides so much useful information to so many people. One thing that is very clear...there is a deep hatred for Facebook. This will not drive traffic there. Bad, bad busness decision.

Frequent Contributor

Please keep the forum open. 

QVC created a very personal shopping experience by using television as a means to connect the viewer to the sales hosts in an intimate way, as customers "invited" the hosts into their homes via their TVs.  Hosts shared personal details of their lives during sales pitches to make them relatable, and I believe we were encouraged to think of ourselves as part of the QVC community.

The online forums extended that sense of comunity creating a bond between customers who shared a common interest in QVC and our shopping experience.  Traffic driven to the QVC website through the forum made it very easy to bounce back and forth from the forum to the retail section.  I made many purchases based on what was shared by customers on the forum. 

It can't be ignored that this forum served as an outlet for many people in times of need, before and then during the pandemic.  The friendships and personal connections created here, plus the valuable information shared about products being presented for sale, exist because QVC offered this forum  It is an unusual asset for a shopping venue.  Facebook can't offer the same experience. 

Keep the forum, keep your QVC community.  Why should we shop with QVC when there are so many other choices?  Because of the relationship created between the company and the customer.  Don't tell your customers they don't matter by throwing away this forum.

Honored Contributor

I don't see the point in doing away with this little board.  In the scope of corporate computing costs, cost can't be a factor.  So why?

Do you know how many people come here to get questions about items answered?  To find out details you can't get online?  Does corporate even consider how we are doing a lot of selling and answering questions, suggesting changes to make products sell better, giving ideas for new items?

I don't know where else you'd get all of that.  FREE?  Yes!  FREE.  Consulting companies pay a lot of money for that information and it's here free.  

Plus, why not be nice?  A lot of people depend on this board for many reasons.  A lot of us don't have a group to shop with unless we come here. 

So please, rethink this.