Honored Contributor
  • I am a true petite and 5'1".  I wear my pants at 27 1/2 and often end up hemming pants that are made longer.  I cannot wear misses sizes by hemming the pants.  The rise is at my knees.

My daughter is  only 4"11. She wears regular pant sizes.  She has a long rise and long legs for such a small person.  Her arms are not as short as mine either. 

Not all short people can wear petite sized clothing.   

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

28-30 inches is industry standard for petites. I don't think I've ever seen a full length pant in petites shorter than that. Maybe a cropped length pant would fit full size for those needing a shorter inseam. 

28 to 30 is considered  Regular not petite, 25 to 26 is petite. I wear 29 and I see some are going to a 28, I'm 5-1. I like my pants to touch my arch on my foot. 

I have never seen petites in 25" length nor would that be a length I would ever purchase.  I'm 5'2" and usually 27-28" works for me but I wear low to flat heels.  Obviously, whether you wear flats or a heel will effect your preference as well.  And good point from the poster who mentioned that large butt/hips (on Jane in that example) can raise the length of a longer pant!  I suspect QVC offers 28" as petite when they offer 31" as regular.

They can't please all petites on length when petite covers 4'10" - 5'3".

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone order the TSV in petites?  I needed that length but the sleeve length according to the measurements seemed short and I didn't want to take a chance with a return.  Those sweater coats sure seemed nice but now all the colors are sold out in my size.  Had I ordered the regulars it would have seemed like a robe.  So, I'm excluded once again.  

Super Contributor

The most popular pair of pants that QVC says has sold over 6 million pairs in the Petite Size it is a 27" Inseam.  "That Should Tell You Something."  That works for me.

Respected Contributor

27 & 28 are perfect for me, and I can get away with 29.  But that's about it.

@luvsshopping 

Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

28-30 inches is industry standard for petites. I don't think I've ever seen a full length pant in petites shorter than that. Maybe a cropped length pant would fit full size for those needing a shorter inseam. 

28 to 30 is considered  Regular not petite, 25 to 26 is petite. I wear 29 and I see some are going to a 28, I'm 5-1. I like my pants to touch my arch on my foot. 

@HLP 

25 to 26 would be "high waters" on me. But I could probably wear them as ankle pants or cropped pants.