Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Wang Age 15, Request For Military Burial

The young man died wearing his uniform while serving and protecting ...unlike the security officer who hid from danger.

Honored Contributor

this picture makes my heart break and cry.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

A true American hero. I feel so depressed about all these deaths, what a loss to all of us.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I think this is one of the saddest topics we've every posted about since I've been posting here.

This is A CHILD we're talking about; a child who gave his life so that others could live. A child!  All I can do is shake my head at the absurdity of this.

He deserves every respect that can be offered to him and to his family.

May G0d bless him and his family, and may he rest in peace.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@dexwrote:

The young man died wearing his uniform while serving and protecting ...unlike the security officer who hid from danger.

Apparently - according to CNN - it wasn't just one security officer.  Three more armed deputies waited outside while the shooting continued.  When neighboring Coral Springs police arrived, they witnessed them standing outside the school.  When the Coral Springs police entered the building - the deputies remained outside.  What????

So first we have the police and FBI ignoring a real and significant threat and then we have the police essentially standing down during the actual shooting.  

This is extremely disturbing.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer I agree very disturbing.Just because someone has a weapon doesn't mean they are willing to protect.I am sure everyone was terrified but those trained officers are a disgrace.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunalawrote:

I think this is one of the saddest topics we've every posted about since I've been posting here.

This is A CHILD we're talking about; a child who gave his life so that others could live. A child!  All I can do is shake my head at the absurdity of this.

Yes, unlike a multiple draft dodger and the  3 security officers there.

Respected Contributor

This whole thing just makes me just sick. Here is a dictionary definition of treason: the action of betraying someone or something. 

Everyone who refused to do their duty that day should be charged with treason and accessory to murder.

Those junior ROTC members deserve all the praise and honors they can receive. 

Some people tend to point out all the negatives about teenagers. I think some of those students showed us that day that there are some very mature, brave, and intelligent teens out there. All children have a right to feel safe and be protected while in school. This needs to be a top priority.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

And yet Sheriff Israel is on all the news shows - as if he's the hero of the day.

It seems to me that rather than disavowing any responsibility for this tragedy, he - and the people who work for him - are directly responsible for - failing to prevent it after being repeatedly warned -  and for allowing it to continue until other police arrived on scene.

Honored Contributor

It makes me sick to think grown men, who are fit, and able, would allow this to happen, on their watch

My 5 ft, 100lb ,daughter ,got a commendation by her  university, for tackling a huge guy, that reached for her partener's gun

The guy was a bruiser and high on cocaine. It took both her .and her partner to subdue him and cuff him. This is her job and it is what she gets paid for.  I can't tell you how sick those men make me feel  Woman Mad