Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Pan Live tonight--who's going to watch?

I enjoyed it, and I'm not a fan of Peter Pan. I hope more productions are done in the future.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 ktlynam said:

I really enjoyed it Smile. The sets were amazing, and Allison Williams was very credible as Peter Pan. I would have liked her to have been a bit more animated at times, but it still was a very good portrayal.

The only character I couldn't get in to was CW's portrayal as Captain Hook, but everyone else did a great job with the singing and dancing.

Overall, I thought it was a wonderful production of a classic story. I hope they do more of these broadcasts!

I think he was camping it up a bit too much, he is really the only character I did not like at all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I watched a bit but knew there was no way I could do 3 hours of it.

Christopher Walken was like a bad Saturday Night Live sketch.

Respected Contributor

I was looking forward to this but when it came on I lost interest lol I was very tired last night so that could have been why.
Respected Contributor

I watched most of it with the sound off. You can notice things more when sound doesn't distract. It looked like Walken was sometimes reading cue cards. Peter's facial expressions were limited, well, all of them were. There's something about stage craft that is stilted.

The scenery was amazing.

Honored Contributor

I had fun watching, though the length and all the commercials made it a wee bit tedious.

Maybe we've become so accustomed to the seamless near-perfection of filmed shows, so we focus on the failings and forget all the technical and human perils involved in every minute of a live production such as this one. I'll bet if we were standing in the wings of those sets we'd have a greater appreciation. I hope NBC will continue these offerings.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I watched quite a bit of it and DVR'd it so I can go back and finish. From what I saw, it was fabulous. As i am still oxox said, Christopher Walken was a little campy, but it was fine.

I thought Allison Williams and the girl who played Wendy were terrific. I LOVED Allison Williams singing Neverland. Beautiful melody and really, really well done. They should be proud of themselves. Great job by all.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

I only saw the last hour of it, but I liked what I did see. Walken campy?

I think he is just getting old. He's 71.