Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pete Davidson say's he's been traumatized...

@colleena wrote:

@gertrudecloset  Pete is a very interesting young man who've I've always enjoyed on SNL. 

I really noticed him during the pandemic weeks where they did their skits from home as he was absolutely innovative, imaginative, striking, showed alot of himself with a little sarcasm, a little comedy but actually gave a little glimpse of what we were all going through - I thought he was being very honest in this

I think he & Kim were good for each other during a tough time for each of them, hopefully a positive but not too negative.  I'm sorry it didn't last but honestly, I didn't expect it too.

@colleena If Pete Davidson is suffering trauma as a result of egging on Kanye West (which he did) then he's getting his just due.  I don't like Pete Davidson; I don't like Kanye West and none of those people.  

I know Pete Davidson is from NYC and the local papers talk about him a lot.  He needs to get out of this game if he has been traumitized by being a public figure.  You got to have a thick skin to be in show business.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that there should be some sort of charges brought against him?  (Kanye)

He's making terroristic -like threats on social media.

If I were this guy Davidson, or Kim, I would be scared.  Very scared.

His terroristic threat was not on social media.  It was in a song performed somewhere.  There are no charges that can be levied against Kanye as he hasn't done anything.  No crime, no charges.  Threats don't get you charges.  It can get you a restraining order (Pete Davidson is not so innocent here).

If it were that simple many women would have a lot more recourse than they do in domestic affairs when they are harmed by their significant others @Lucky Charm .  Some men don't let a restraining order get in the way of beating and/or killing the woman.  Do you think a woman has recourse to sue for terroristic threats made by a man she was involved in?

I thought IG was social media.  

A song made public is social media, IYAM.

This was in rap song that Kanye made talking about beating up Pete Davidson after he showed off tatooes of West's children.  They can go live on Social Media, but honestly no one had to to to IG to see it.  It was literally all over the place.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I know of one state, and I suspect there are more since many laws are very similar state to state, where making a threat, directly or indirectly, can result in the charge of Terroristic Threats. All you need is to communicate a threat of any crime of violence with the intent to terrorize another. Unfortunately it's usually just a first degree misdemeanor. 

Individuals involved in domestic situations can and do report Terrorist Threats. Whether charges are filed, as with other crimes, will depend on corroborative evidence.

That may be true.  Kanye is in one state thrashing out at Pete and Pete is in another at the time!  What to do @Etoile308 ?  Nothing.  Pete Davidson got some major "press" even though it wasn't good press.  If he was all that traumitized he would have sued Kanye by now.

Esteemed Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

The fact that he deleted the threatening posts is probably why he wasn't arrested, aside from the fact that he isn't going to be arrested.

He could always claim artistic license, etc.

I don't think either Kim or Pete is scared as there were several photos of Kanye and Kim together at different places at different times, getting along without fireworks; evidently Kanye or "Ye" as he calls himself, has calmed down.......

No not really @BoopOMatic .  It's not that easy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@gertrudecloset Bona Fide or not, he started a church. My point is, that someone who claims to be a believer to the point of starting a church (whether you want to call it that or not) wouldn't behave this way.

Kim and her mother started "Sunday Service."  Not a Church.  It was not a CHURCH.  Kanye and all performers wore his clothing line.  He sang his songs (which are NOT RELIGIOUS in nature) with a choir.  It was money making venture with Momanger Kris at the helm.  No praying, no worship.  Kanye doing his music with other stars that have come to listen.  That is not a church.  

To establish a Church a State requires you do certain things.  You even get to get non profit status so you don't have to pay taxes.  These Sunday Services were pop up events.  IT WAS NOT A BONA FIDE CHURCH.  Read up on it @Ladybug724 

Respected Contributor

Kanye's sadly been a mental mess for years. He went after Taylor Swift for the longest time, and say what you want about her, she's dealt with it pretty well. But she also doesn't have the mental health issues Pete does as far as I know. He should seek consistent help and therapy but he has his right as an adult not to. It's just he and those around him suffer when he doesn't, and I don't know if he really knows or cares how it affects other people.

If I were Pete, I'd flatly tell Kanye to knock it off and move on, and then I'd move on too, and maybe not rush into another relationship with a high-profile person, focus on me for a bit. Try to take the high road.