Honored Contributor

Pet walkers and a needed sign...

...for my flower bed near the road.  

I am so anoyned by people that walk their dogs on leashes, that allow their animal to pee in my flower bed around the mailbox.

We have a dog, we walk her in the street and pick up any thing she leaves behind...but I have noticed that while the pet walkers are picking up poop (most of the time)  they allow their dogs to pee on flowers and greenery in the neighbors yard..mine specifically.  

I need some clever text, as I am going to make a small sign and place it the flower bed....people are so inconsiderate.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pet walkers and a needed sign...

We water the flowers so your dog doesn’t need to. 

Respected Contributor

I saw this online at dog poop signs dot com.  Comes in several colors

please-do-not-pee-here-showcase-sign-se-7267_showcase-grnrev.png

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I don't allow my dog to walk on anyone's lawn except ours. Yet, in my neighborhood I see people do this all the time. I have even asked people to keep their dog off my lawn - and one apparently had a stomach issue, ugh. The guy got annoyed and asked if I was kidding. Um, no.

One neighbor has a small sign attached to his mailbox post that says "keep your dog outta my yard" (he has a dog).

IMO, I don't think people realize that when a dog does his business somewhere, other dogs coming along then have to mark that spot. Then, you have spots on the grass or dead flowers.

It really is just plain rude.

Honored Contributor

It has become a constant thing in the park next to us. If each person with a dog would come back and do 15 minutes of raking, our park would be clean and green. And how about those people who drop gloves and face masks on the ground, leaving the dirty work to someone else.

Respected Contributor

I cited the same to our HOA.  Because we can't put up unauthorized signs, I suggest the HOA allow those homeowners affected to have signs that read, "This lawn is not your pet's personal toilet bowl."  Of course, nothing was done and this behavior continues.  I'm just thankful our side  of the street doesn't have sidewalks with the little grassy areas.  Those homes that have the grassy areas look like h#$% with all those pre spots.  

And some of these residents complain about the conditions of their lawns and bad-mouth our landscaping crew.

Honored Contributor

Product Image

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had someone throw their dog waste bag in my recycle bin.  I have had people tell me the grass between the curb and the sidewalk is public property.  I'm sorry it is not  and you can be fined a 100.00.   Dog walkers can be so rude.

Another thing is people with cigarette butts who drop them everywhere and people who empty their car ashtrays in the sidewalk in front of your house.

Honored Contributor

It's the same arrogant people who take their dogs shopping with them!  I don't even think anything affects people like that. They have no consideration for others 

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago a complete stranger driving by while I was walking my dog read me the riot act for allowing my dog to go on the lawn.

It was MY LAWN, and I told him as much.

I hope he has practiced MYOB since then.