Valued Contributor

Re: Pet owners moved and left their cats

People are terrible to their animals, I am always upset to hear of these stories. How can you love a cat or even "LIKE" a cat for months then just move and leave it outside. That is terrible. Some people are raised that animals are disposable and that caring for one is a mental shortfall. I would have 3-4 cats in here if I could take care of each one equally.

Contributor

Quick Update--I stopped by the Shelter today to check on "Valentino" the black cat. I completed the paperwork and his surgery is scheduled for next week. He will have his shots and I will be able to take him home so he can share the pole barn with my new white kitty who, by the way, is doing great. I had a chance to hold Valentino today--he is a little shy, but by the time I was ready to hand him back he was purring so I think that is a good sign. I will post one final update when he is home with me--his kennel is ready with blankets straw and a litter box. When I think he is ready, I will give him his "freedom" back on our farm. I am hoping that my two outside cats whom I have had for years are willing to share their home with my two new friends. Thanks for all or your interest.

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2014 ucm_mom said:

Quick Update--I stopped by the Shelter today to check on "Valentino" the black cat. I completed the paperwork and his surgery is scheduled for next week. He will have his shots and I will be able to take him home so he can share the pole barn with my new white kitty who, by the way, is doing great. I had a chance to hold Valentino today--he is a little shy, but by the time I was ready to hand him back he was purring so I think that is a good sign. I will post one final update when he is home with me--his kennel is ready with blankets straw and a litter box. When I think he is ready, I will give him his "freedom" back on our farm. I am hoping that my two outside cats whom I have had for years are willing to share their home with my two new friends. Thanks for all or your interest.

That's wonderful news! Again, thanks for going the extra mile for those abandoned kitties. Valentino will be so happy to see his brother again. If possible, please post photos; we'd all love to see them. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Frequent Contributor

On 1/15/2014 littleblueparakeet said:

What kind of people leave their pets behind while moving? Stuff like this really p!***$ me off.

Thank you ucm mom for taking good care of the cats. The owners don't deserve to have pets.

Frequent Contributor

Right now my DH and I are giving shelter to 3 strays in our garage with blankets in boxes and food and water on a heating pad from petco so water doesn't freeze. We keep the door cracked open for them so they dont feel trapped. We have 3 indoor cats and our hearts break for the ones stuck outdoors.
Esteemed Contributor

Dear ucm_mom, I apologize for not catching UP on YOUR thread, especially since I asked you to keep us up updated/ January 11th. Actually, it's been from your post #41 that I knew how far you have come with 'those' little cats left on the porch from recent home dwellers. You mentioned that would be the final update and I hope it {never ends}, even if you tell us some stories each month or better yet- weeks. I have been on today in Pet Lovers in having a pet lover to intervene `to View Points`; a lovely person who found a (supposedly abandoned cat) or feral to come to her aide. SUBJECT: "Help For A Feral Cat". Only one person wrote in+ myself from here, and I asked for INDY to resond 'IF' she saw my attention alert... which she did. Thank you Indy! I had written all that I knew in one block. Not one other person from PL came on, as far I know-maybe everyone was gone for the day. That's what I will come to think. It was so unusual for me to log on to VP and especially at that time. { You may be able to read this if you read back.....} I purposely have not been here because I'm waiting word in finding my cat who I believe someone has taken and you are taking care of someone's cat who didn't care-PERIOD! My story lies under the heading My 11 year old baby cat----------------et cetra. Y wanted you to know that you have done everything right. Also, I read about donnalona and what she's done. There are beautiful people in this world when I read of posts such as yours and too many to name here, whom have supported me for >2 months from December 02, 2013's: my cat went missing<. I wanted to tell you this. It means just that much. To answer donnalona's question, along with other question of the WHYs that people treat pet, animals or anything alive -so cruely, would be, in my opinion, A REFLECTION OF SOCIETY TODAY. This is a sad commentary on the USA; of the people today and how life dictates their behavior. _Naes

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/3/2014 donnalona said: Right now my DH and I are giving shelter to 3 strays in our garage with blankets in boxes and food and water on a heating pad from petco so water doesn't freeze. We keep the door cracked open for them so they dont feel trapped. We have 3 indoor cats and our hearts break for the ones stuck outdoors.

^^^^^^~ `That's me in your cheering section`! ^^^^^^
Great job. Wonderful person! Sensitive people always WIN OUT~! ------_Naes

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/15/2014 littleblueparakeet said:

What kind of people leave their pets behind while moving? Stuff like this really p!***$ me off. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Thank you ucm mom for taking good care of the cats. The owners don't deserve to have pets. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I agree totally!
Also, do not forget what donnalona has done. This is a valuable forum. There are so many intelligent people who care for so many REAL reasons for being alive and able to do what matters. [* hellos to everyone*] ! _Naes

Super Contributor

ucm-mom, I have been reading your story about the abandoned kitties and think you are amazing for all that you have done for them. (My blood is boiling for what their "owners" did to them). Maybe I missed it,but did the 3rd kitty also get rescued? (The other black one). Thank you for caring enough to go out of your way for these poor, defenseless animals.
Contributor

To Not an easy sale: I think every day about your missing kitty--I so wish your cat could return to you and be the loving cat again that I know you had. I don't think it is wrong to offer a prayer that your cat return, and I do so each night. I think often about the many wonderful responses from Pet Lovers friends and I appreciate all of the concerns that have been expressed. Also, hearing the heart warming stories about how so many of you are trying to help our unfortunate furry friends. To gig2750: I don't know what has happened to the 3rd kitty that was on the porch. I drive by almost every day and have not seen it. There is a house 2 doors up that has several cats sitting on their porch or near a warm blanket covered house that they have on the porch for their cats--I am hoping that the 3rd one has wandered up there and they are feeding it. The white kitty is amazing--how forgiving our animal friends are--I feed her inside our laundry room 2X a day, hold her and rub her ears and feet--she just purrs and purrs and then she scampers back to the pole barn and a "house" I have set up for her in there. She comes every time I call her! I should get the other black cat this week. We are under a blanket of snow here in the Midwest and some cold days ahead.