Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have many.  But the one bugging me now is not getting a written thank you note for a wedding gift.  My nephew got married almost 3 months ago, and I have not received a thank you, neither has my Mom, Sister, or Son/Daugher in Law.  I am about to send my brother, his Dad, a text to say WTF?   There is no excuse for this.

Why not directly contact the nephew who received the wedding gift?

Respected Contributor

We live across from a beautiful park. It amazes me how so many don't know what trash cans are for. 

My DH and I do so we walk around daily and pick up the trash. One bonus we keep the recyclable materials LOL

Also people who don't respect our National Anthem! 

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have many.  But the one bugging me now is not getting a written thank you note for a wedding gift.  My nephew got married almost 3 months ago, and I have not received a thank you, neither has my Mom, Sister, or Son/Daugher in Law.  I am about to send my brother, his Dad, a text to say WTF?   There is no excuse for this.

Why not directly contact the nephew who received the wedding gift?

I guess I could, but I am not friends with him on facebook (nor do I want to be), so I would not know how to contact him as I do not have his number.  We are not close, so it would be an awkward conversation for sure.  There may never be another occasion for me to give them a gift, so not giving gifts in the future may not be a way to get my point across.  They would be too dense to recognize it anyway.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

People that read and don't comprehend what they're reading.  

Respected Contributor

@MaRina wrote:

We live across from a beautiful park. It amazes me how so many don't know what trash cans are for. 

My DH and I do so we walk around daily and pick up the trash. One bonus we keep the recyclable materials LOL

Also people who don't respect our National Anthem! 

@MaRina Littering drives me nuts. Who the heck do they think is gonna pick it up? Do they think that looks nice laying around? 

Honored Contributor

I've always thought littering shows a character flaw.

And my mother taught me to always write a thank you too. It means so much to the ones who thought enough to give it.

Without an acknowledgement it just makes the giver feel like they don't matter. That's sad.

If I send a gift and don't hear anything in a couple months, I call and ask if they got it.

I won't write a check as a gift anymore cause some people lose it, forget about it, or never go to deposit it! And I get tired of checking to see if its cashed so maybe after months I'll call!😣-jeez! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

@Puppy Lips Please, don't tell his Dad. It is not his circus.

I'm sorry you all have not gotten a written thank you note, but if he is married his Dad is not responsible for him & shouldn't have to deal with that.

@dusty1  Then should I just let it go?  That does not sit will with me.  I never got a thank you from my neice, my brother's daughter, that I sent well over a year ago for her graduation.  I never said anything, but that still bothers me.  This was an out of town wedding and we spent a lot of money on travel and lodging to be there.  The least they could do is thank us.

Whether you let it go or not is up to you, but if it were me I'd confront (however you'd choose to do that) the intended recipient adult, not the parents of the adult.

And no further gifts of any kind would be forthcoming for those people from me. I personally would let it go and consider it a learning experience - with no further gifts to follow.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I've always thought littering shows a character flaw.

And my mother taught me to always write a thank you too. It means so much to the ones who thought enough to give it.

Without an acknowledgement it just makes the giver feel like they don't matter. That's sad.

If I send a gift and don't hear anything in a couple months, I call and ask if they got it.

I won't write a check as a gift anymore cause some people lose it, forget about it, or never go to deposit it! And I get tired of checking to see if its cashed so maybe after months I'll call!😣-jeez! 

@on the bay I agree, to add there's 3 trash cans available so no excuse.

What's a Thank you card, we haven't gotten one for years now. We taught our son be always be grateful and show Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

I have too many pet peeves to think of randomly, I think of them when the query is narrower, lol - driving/on the road for example.

But the thing the OP complains about wouldn't be one of mine. If a CS rep wants to be personable with me I'm always appreciative. I understand that a certain amount of upselling and etc is part of their job description, even at the bank. I just say no thanks and goodbye. I don't need to listen to it, but it doesn't annoy me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

pet peeve is

the canned talk you get when you call businesses.

Press this number for this or that. You press the number you need and you keep getting more canned information to press this number to procede. Then just when you think you may have broken thru all the canned prompts, then the canned prompt says let me help you with your problem, you just keep screaming for agent agent agent please an human being.

I was so tried of doing this the other day for my mail order pharmacy program I am in. the canned prompt said let me help you. I just gave up. and you know what it was a disaster. The canned prompt didn't help me. I knew all the information the canned prompt was spewing at me. I just hung up and called the next day. It took me about 7 minutes to get thru the canned prompts once again but I actually reached a human being, finally.