Honored Contributor

Re: Pet Peeve! What's yours?

It's not a *pet peeve*. 

I HATE when people text and drive. 

Frequent Contributor

My biggest pet peeve that drives me up a wall is when people won't pull over when an ambulance or other emergency vehicle is driving by. Someone's life could be on the line!!! Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

People who don't keep their pets on a leash.

People who don't pick up their pets poop.

People who let their pets howl all night.

Respected Contributor

@Doxielover wrote:

My biggest pet peeve that drives me up a wall is when people won't pull over when an ambulance or other emergency vehicle is driving by. Someone's life could be on the line!!! Woman Sad

I agree in NJ it is now a law. The fact that it had to be made a  law is crazy. 

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Inattentive driving.

This is my peeve.

You can see when this happens, because the driver is usually swerving in their lane of traffic, and is not paying attention. You can see that they are looking anywhere but at the road. 

I have seen people doing this who are on cell. phones or who are texting on phones while driving. 

Esteemed Contributor

Airline seats that are so small now that even average-sized people spill into your space.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

When people are late.  

stuff comes up sure, but we all know people that are habitually and chronically late.  It is selfish and rude. 

Trusted Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

Family members (who are healthy and don't have jobs) who won't do a darn thing to help out elderly relatives, but when you express to those family members that you're stressed out from driving a long distance in rush hour, doing the grocery shopping, cleaning, taking them to doctor's appts, etc, they insinuate that you think, "It's all about you". When all they did was sit on their fat *ss all day and then have the nerve to ask you how things went that day...with no offer to help out. Oh, but everyone had better come running when they need help with something.

That felt good to say this as I had experienced this sort of thing for years.

When I read your post, I was thinking that we must be from the same family! 

I'm so sorry that this happened to you, Daisy. I can really sympathize. The same thing happened to me in my family, too. 

Valued Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

People who drive under the speed limit in the left lane

Huge trucks and SUVs taking up more than one parking space. If you can't park that monster properly, don't buy it!

Reality TV and tabloid magazines

ITA with these too, LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Resealable food packages.  It might have been resealable if I hadn't just destroyed it trying to "pull here".

Yes, this sounds like me!!

Usually I just end up putting the product into a large storage bag because I couldn't open it through its own zipper feature! Smiley LOL