Honored Contributor

Pet Peeve: Just Ring The Doorbell

So this really annoys me, I'll track my package and see when it is suppose to be delivered. Well it said it was delivered, I didn't get it, so I'm all ready to call customer service, but I look outside first and there it is on my porch! I don't understand why the driver leaving the package can't ring the bell and give me the heads up? He doesn't have to hang around and wait for me to open the door, just ring the bell. This happens with UPS, FEDEX, Lasership, and my mailman ( which by the way I give a nice tip at Christmas to my mailman and UPS driver). Someone could steal it off my porch, then what?

Super Contributor

Re: Pet Peeve: Just Ring The Doorbell

My UPS guy always rings the bell (and if I am not home, he always puts packages either behind my porch columns or in my yard on my deck).  The FedEx guy only rings if he needs a signature, the USPS delivery person never, ever rings the bell.  

Honored Contributor

I kinda wish drivers would ring the bell for a parcel, especially when the contents are clearly perishable.

I find that some of the mail carriers do, some UPS (but not most for me), and some FedEx.  When it's OnTrac they never do but I never get anything perishable from them.

Fortunately, with UPS, they always email me when a parcel is coming my way and I get updates, including a 'delivered' email that comes within 2-3 minutes after a delivery, so that's very helpful.

Honored Contributor

I agree!  My UPS guy must have a thing against ringing thr doorbell.  He will barely touch the bell.  So, for UPS, I rely on the website tracking to see if it's 

been delivered.  Sometimes USPS will ring the bell.  Depends on who the carrier is that day.  Amazon never rings the bell.  But Alexa lets me know when the package has been delivered.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So this really annoys me, I'll track my package and see when it is suppose to be delivered. Well it said it was delivered, I didn't get it, so I'm all ready to call customer service, but I look outside first and there it is on my porch! I don't understand why the driver leaving the package can't ring the bell and give me the heads up? He doesn't have to hang around and wait for me to open the door, just ring the bell. This happens with UPS, FEDEX, Lasership, and my mailman ( which by the way I give a nice tip at Christmas to my mailman and UPS driver). Someone could steal it off my porch, then what?

@Jordan2......guess I've been lucky with UPS and FEDX.....live in a 4 family unit.  Do order medical supplies from Walgreen's (yes, the do free delivery on purchases over $35} and a local medical supply company.....  They always deliver to the back door and do knock when they have left the packages.  I always go to get them as soon as they have knocked.  It certainly wouldn't take much for someone to pull up to the back door and take my package.  Am so glad they knock.  

Trusted Contributor

ugh. i have the same problem with usps and ups. you’d think knocking on the door was such a chore. 

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

ugh. i have the same problem with usps and ups. you’d think knocking on the door was such a chore. 

@freakygirl, I know, they have to climb the stairs to put the package down, what more effort do they have to spend to just ring the bell?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The UPS guy always knocks on my door, then runs to his truck ----doesnt even wait for me to answer the door!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

The doorbell freaks out my kitty so I prefer they do not ring it

Respected Contributor

Ditto to what @IslanderGirl62 said...sometimes when I am not home the UPS person will put packages under my door mat to disguise them...I take very good care of them at Christmas!

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

My UPS guy always rings the bell (and if I am not home, he always puts packages either behind my porch columns or in my yard on my deck).  The FedEx guy only rings if he needs a signature, the USPS delivery person never, ever rings the bell.