Honored Contributor

Perspective on Destruction in Turkey

[ Edited ]

These drone photos give a wider perspective than can be seen in a photo of one building.  I just heard on the news that 7500+ people are thought to have died and 150,000 are homeless in the winter cold.

Surely one of the greatest disasters of our times.  They just seem to come one right after another.

Screenshot_20230207-161630_kindlephoto-58296628.png

Screenshot_20230207-161634_kindlephoto-58219445.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Perspective on Destruction in Turkey

Hard to fathom how many people are impacted by this. What a tragedy.  

Super Contributor

It is so sad.  I have a coworker originally from Turkey, but she said her family is more north and west.  Praying. 

Respected Contributor

The death toll is now over 7600,  A newborn was pulled alive from the rubble still attached by her umbilical cord to her dead mother.  No one else in the family survived.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

The death toll is now over 7600, 

That's not counting the bodies they will NEVER find under tons of cement, boulders, etc because their bodies were pulverized.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

Many of these people had lost everything in Syria. Now have lost everything again. The depths of misery and the video is awful to watch, knowing lives were being lost.. But always there are helpers. 

Keeping my thoughts on the survivors and those helping.

Honored Contributor

Another tragedy that is beyond the comprehension of mortals.  The evening news showed one heart-wrenching scene after another. 

May the wretchedness that these poor souls are now experiencing soon be disspelled by the courage and humanity of those who arrived to help them in this time of acute need.

Here is one father whose daughter lost her life.  He is not letting go of her hand.  Love and grief.

Mesut Hancer holds the hand of his 15-year-old daughter Irmak, who died in the earthquake in Kahramanmaras, close to the quake's epicentre (AFP via Getty Images)

Mesut Hancer holds the hand of his 15-year-old daughter Irmak, who died in the earthquake in Kahramanmaras, close to the quake's epicentre (AFP via Getty Images)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a devastating heartbreaking tragedy.  the loss of so many lives, profound sadness.

Regular Contributor

I follow a woman on FB and I have for a little over 2yrs who lives in the earthquake area. She amazed me by how she cooks everything from scratch & grows everything they cook as well as the meat was provided by her cows, chickens, goats & sheep. She was getting over 1.5million views on most videos so she started being compensated via a YouTube channel. She went from what all of us viewers called a hobbit house to having a real home built as well as a farm, an actual kitchen with running water (she used to carry a big container to fill with water then lug it back) and just really came up. She is right in the earthquake area and I'm hoping she didn't lose everything including herself &  family. She hasn't posted where normally she does every Sat, Tues and Fri. I'm rambling I'm aware of that but I'm just so worried about her. A woman I don't even know has got my nerves on edge... 

Honored Contributor

So very sad! It's really incomprehensible the devastation and misery.

When I see stories like this my heart goes out to all of them and I remind myself just how truly lucky I am.