Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Oy is right.

I'd also like the answer to the question someone asked earlier: How do people know who reported their posts or sig lines? One person even asserted that she thinks the  mods sometimes delete posts without reading them. Huh?

These kinds of statements are pretty reckless unless you have solid evidence to back you up. I've never reported a post here because I have no reason to do so. I'm not a monitor. There are mods. That's their job. It's not my job.

Unless actual harm is being done and it's ongoing, there is no reason to do anything but read something else. "Actual harm" is not the same as "I don't like what she's saying." If you find yourself "harmed" or "triggered," to use the collegiate term, by someone's scathing comments about lime pedal pushers or this season's atrocity in the footwear department, perhaps an adjustment in browsing habits is in order.

@noodleann

How do people know?  Because she said so, publicly.  She bragged about it on this board.  I already explained that on this line of conversation.

Honored Contributor

Oy and 🙄

Esteemed Contributor

"How do people know?  Because she said so, publicly.  She bragged about it on this board.  I already explained that on this line of conversation." @Noel7

You did say that Noel, and that person should have been banned for doing that to you.

I wonder if @noodleann is talking more in general, because without someone coming out and saying it (as in your case) we don't really know who is reporting our posts. There are a lot more eyes here than some people realize. Or maybe they do realize, but it was surprising to me last summer when I looked at how many views @gardenman's posts got on his Big Brother reviews. I was like "Where did all these people come from?" Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I saw someone say they reported some avatars and signature lines. It wasn't that long ago but don't remember who it was. She didn't like it that they weren't taken down.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I saw someone say they reported some avatars and signature lines. It wasn't that long ago but don't remember who it was. She didn't like it that they weren't taken down.

Which seems to support the idea that things aren't generally removed without reason. 

Not to say it doesn't happen on occasion, but I feel like it's more likely that the mods actually use discretion in the decisions they make. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

Yes, there are a couple of people who frequent this board and talk openly about routinely reporting others to have their posts taken down.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Which seems to support the idea that things aren't generally removed without reason. 

Not to say it doesn't happen on occasion, but I feel like it's more likely that the mods actually use discretion in the decisions they make. 

@SusieQ_2

Many posts have been taken down without reason.  It happens quite frequently when one person's nasty post gets taken down in what turns out to be a sweep and people who had nothing to do with the nasty post also are removed.

We have some great Mods and several have come on and apologized when that happens.

Also, entire topics have been taken down and later put back up by Mods who realized it wasn't necessary.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SusieQ_2

Many posts have been taken down without reason.  It happens quite frequently when one person's nasty post gets taken down in what turns out to be a sweep and people who had nothing to do with the nasty post also are removed.

We have some great Mods and several have come on and apologized when that happens.

Also, entire topics have been taken down and later put back up by Mods who realized it wasn't necessary.

@Noel7

Yes, I know about the "sweeps." I mentioned them in a previous post.

"I've also seen it said that when you post by clicking on the reply button of a post that gets deleted, your post will be deleted along with it, which is why seemingly innocent posts get removed." - me!

My point is that it's the rare post that get removed simply because it's reported and for no other reason. Posts removed due to a sweep were not likely the ones reported anyway and not what I was referring to.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 I have a few of mine removed too and I couldn't figure out why but I didn't let it slow me down.I just don't take things personnel and that is most likely the reason why I enjoy all of my time here.I have found the helpful and considerate people outweigh the rest so until that changes there is still plenty of good advice and conversation here when you want it. The 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SusieQ_2

@Noel7

Yes, I know about the "sweeps." I mentioned them in a previous post.

"I've also seen it said that when you post by clicking on the reply button of a post that gets deleted, your post will be deleted along with it, which is why seemingly innocent posts get removed." - me!

My point is that it's the rare post that get removed simply because it's reported and for no other reason. Posts removed due to a sweep were not likely the ones reported anyway and not what I was referring to.

@SusieQ_2

I don't think it's rare, I've seen it happen too many times.  I could go into more detail which I am aware of, but I don't want to cause a ruckus.  I am also not the only person who has seen them and remarked on it.