Honored Contributor

Re: Personal vendettas

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:

How do you know someone is reporting you? were you notified by QVC? Well, if that is happening on here it wouldn't surprise me at all. 

That's what I wondered and how can someone report somone's tag line?  I also wondered why people get drawn into unpleasantness and fiights and feuds with other posters.  That can't happen...ever...if when someone posts something you don't like, you just ignore it.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Just recently two posters have said they will lurk and report anything they see as being political.  Hall monitors.

A signature would be reported the same as a any post or someone emails the social team.

Honored Contributor

Re: Personal vendettas

[ Edited ]

tansy wrote:

Kachina624 wrote:

@MRSTH  You don't have many posts and I would swear I never saw your name before, so why would someone pick you out of the crowd?  Are you sure the hazing come from here on the boards?  I also don't see anybody muzzling anyone else.  People are pretty outspoken and seem to feel free to express themselves.   I think you may have misinterpreted things you read. 

Must depend on where you read and post the most.  I recognize @MRSTH's nic and enjoy posting with her.  

I'm feeling lousy today, too (@chickenbutt I hope you feel better soon), decided to look at the forums for a sec and saw this thread.     ITA with @tansy.

@ILTH, I enjoy your posts even when we disagree.    Your voice is important.    When posters try to silence those with whom they disagree they display their own shortcomings and character and they do themselves and all of us a disservice.    I hope you reconsider, continue to be active here, and ignore the rubbish and nonsense.   But whatever you choose, I wanted you to know I respect you and wish you well.

(eta:  in my opinion there was nothing inappropriate about your tagline.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ILTH  You don't have many posts and I would swear I never saw your name before, so why would someone pick you out of the crowd?  Are you sure the hazing come from here on the boards?  I also don't see anybody muzzling anyone else.  People are pretty outspoken and seem to feel free to express themselves.   I think you may have misinterpreted things you read. 

Must depend on where you read and post the most.  I recognize @ILTH's nic and enjoy posting with her.  

I do too, and I agree.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:

How do you know someone is reporting you? were you notified by QVC? Well, if that is happening on here it wouldn't surprise me at all. 

That's what I wondered and how can someone report somone's tag line?  I also wondered why people get drawn into unpleasantness and fiights and feuds with other posters.  That can't happen...ever...if when someone posts something you don't like, you just ignore it.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Just recently two posters have said they will lurk and report anything they see as being political.  Hall monitors.

A signature would be reported the same as a any post or someone emails the social team.

@tansy

My first Christmas-time here and I made a sig line that said Merry Christmas in English and in Welsh.  The poster to whom I referred to earlier posted to me that she was reporting me for saying something in a foreign language, and then she berated me for not knowing we couldn't speak in a foreign language on the Q boards.

My sig line was taken down and she was gleeful and taunted me about what she had done.

Some Christmas spirit, LOL.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:

@tansy

My first Christmas-time here and I made a sig line that said Merry Christmas in English and in Welsh.  The poster to whom I referred to earlier posted to me that she was reporting me for saying something in a foreign language, and then she berated me for not knowing we couldn't speak in a foreign language on the Q boards.

My sig line was taken down and she was gleeful and taunted me about what she had done.

That is awful Noel! Nutty lives here.

Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH  Sorry you have the meanies bothering you.  Keep posting and enjoy.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH, I'm sorry. Some people aren't happy if they aren't causing a raucous. I try to ignore the hateful people, some days it is easier than others.

There are some real sweetheart's on here, I hate for the ornery people to run you off.

As usual, I am in the dark about what has happened. Haven't been on a whole lot today.

Again, sorry you have been treated badly.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:

@tansy

Sad does not even begin to describe that poor person's life and heart.  I could not imagine going through life every day with that kind of an attitude.   That poster had to bother you to feel better about themself, @Noel7

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:

@tansy

@Noel7- you are kidding!  How childish! 

Esteemed Contributor

@MRSTH wrote:

Someone has been trolling me all day. First they had innocuous G-rated posts deleted, calling them inappropriate. Now they reported my tagline as inappropriate. It's a quote from "1984", a novel written by George Orwell (an Englishman) and published in 1949.

Good bye

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

@ILTH- don't give them the power and let them chase you away....they are sad, angry and lonely people.  Pity them and enjoy the posts of the many kind, knowledgeable and helpful posters who are positive....