Honored Contributor

I have never understood why it is so upsetting if a man keeps his hat on inside the house.  Why is that rude?  Is it okay for a woman to leave her hat on?  

My house has two columns flanking the front door.  Packages can easily be placed behind one of these and not be visible from the street.  Very rarely does it occur to the delivery person to do this.  

I detest drivers who pull in front of me when there is no one behind me and then proceed to drive slowly 🐢.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

The child is usually young, in the cart's baby seat and has a vocabulary of three or four words. The mother speaks in a phony, enthusiastic upper volume voice. Otherwise, it wouldn't be so annoying.

It puts me in mind of dog owners who repeatedly ask, "who's a good boy".

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Mersha  Men (or boys) who don't take off their hats in the house. Who raised them?

I'm with you on men keeping their hats on when in the house.  My hairdresser was showing me a picture of the family around the table during Easter dinner, this was before Covid, and there sat her stepdaughter's husband with his baseball cap on, backwards of course, while they were having a lovely Easter dinner.   This guy is over the age of 30.

I would have never said anything but my thought was what kind of an oaf is he?  Not only is it a holiday dinner but he is in the home of his wife's father and stepmother.  Was he never taught manners as a kid?  My husband would have never done something like that, or if he did, I would have nipped having such ill manners in the bud.

My Dad always removed his hat when entering any building.  I know many people say such actions are old fashioned and out of date, but I'll take those gentlemanly gestures over what I see in so many of the younger men today.

@J Town Girlit's a generational issue.  It can be difficult but some young people don't care about those things. 

I'm 50, and guys wearing baseball caps inside the house, and even at the  table, doesn't bother me.

There are more important things for me to get upset over.

When I see that I just assume he is bald or didn't want to wash his hair.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

A lack of kindness/manners.

Valued Contributor
I have many but the one that really gets me upset is seeing used masks on the ground and people who come have lunch at our park open their car door and toss their trash. We have FOUR trash cans but they don't care. I've picked up so much plastic I see why we need to ban it.
I have a tool for picking up trash 😉
Honored Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
I have many but the one that really gets me upset is seeing used masks on the ground and people who come have lunch at our park open their car door and toss their trash. We have FOUR trash cans but they don't care. I've picked up so much plastic I see why we need to ban it.
I have a tool for picking up trash 😉

I feel the same way @Grand Happy .  Hate seeing trash on the ground.  Hate litter bugs.

Honored Contributor
We take a walk by a creek near our home most late afternoons. Amazing how many discarded masks we see on the ground. There are wood ducks that are always around the creek in the green belt and I saw a pic of one on FB and it was tangled up in the ear straps of someone’s mask...poor thing could not walk or swim....at least cut the strings off the mask before you toss it...in the trash can!
Valued Contributor
That is so sad lovesrecess, I've seen some on the beach, I just don't understand people 😏
Esteemed Contributor

Mean people that you don't even know on message boards.  They might be nicer if I act like them, though.  NOT.   Pick, pick, pick.  Here comes another one to pick, pick, pick.  Not going away though because you pick, pick, pick.  Just going to get my fly swatter!

I'll give as good as you give and many times better.  That's my rule (my mantra for life).  Respect is earned from me.  Not a given just because you're here. 

Treat people the way You would want to be treated.  I live by this to a fault.

Thanks for starting this thread topic.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I don't find mean people on this BB.

Some are opinionated, which is better than passive and others direct rather than diplomatic. None are mean unless they're posting on the forums I never read.