Respected Contributor

After yesterday, walking into the MVA for any reason.

You just get a certain vibe when you go in that it will be a hassle, and it usually is.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

People who use incorrect grammar.

For example, "Me and the neighbors had a cookout"

NO!

It's, "The neighbors and had a cookout"

People who don't know the difference between to, too, and two. Or there, their, or they're.

Add who and whom to the list.

I am guilty of that one.  I must read the rules and try to remember.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

People, mostly women (I can't say I've heard this from a man), who add "ah" at the end of a word for added annoyance/emphasis. 

Some examples:  I don't want to go to work today-ah.  Leave me alone-ah.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

People, mostly women (I can't say I've heard this from a man), who add "ah" at the end of a word for added annoyance/emphasis. 

@Caligurll   Never heard that before. Sounds silly.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@Caligurll   Never heard that before. Sounds silly.

@proudlyfromNJ  I've been hearing it more and more on tv, and a lot of YouTubers I've watched do it.  It's like nails on a blackboard to me.  I posted about it because I was in another room today, but I thought I heard someone on QVC say it; might have been a vendor.

And yes, it's very silly!

Respected Contributor

I just now thought of something way too commonly heard especially during TV interviews:

"I mean" . . .  said as first words in response to a question.

Why are they pre-clarifying something they have yet to speak?  I would assume whatever they are going to say, they mean it.  But if it isn't quite right, they would say "What I meant was . . . "  

Whenever I hear those two words first, I wonder if they really know what they mean at all since they must be unsure, that they need to cement it firstly.

Trusted Contributor

People who are looking at their phones while walking.  I act like they don't exist.  If they expect a greeting as I walk by, too bad.  

Honored Contributor

@wherami123 wrote:
I often drive mainly a 2 lane highway over 5 hours to visit my parents. It’s a pet peeve when drivers stay in the left lane for routine driving. Left lane is for passing other vehicles, then go back to the right lane! And don’t get me started about passing on the right...

I often wonder why people drive slow in the left lane @wherami123 .  I really think they never learned that the left lane is for passing.  Why else would they do it?  This is also a pet peeve of mine!

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

People who use incorrect grammar.

For example, "Me and the neighbors had a cookout"

NO!

It's, "The neighbors and had a cookout"

People who don't know the difference between to, too, and two. Or there, their, or they're.

Add who and whom to the list.

...and lose and loose and advise and advice

Honored Contributor

A pet peeve of mine is when a client calls late at night or on Sunday or a holiday.  This happened last night.  Someone called at 9 pm.  These calls I get are for things that can wait until the next morning.   I just think it's rude and don't understand it.