Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

Here, my biggest pet peeve is when posters respond to a thread and find it necessary to include their work and health history, what kind of car they drive, how big their house is, how much they buy, etc.

Just answer the poster's question.

ITA.  For example, including one's resume in every single post.  To those I want to say, just put it in your signature and call it a day already.

@Mj12 @lulu1 , I got reprimanded not all that long ago for making a comment and failing to add my job title.  I have posted it so many times, I honestly didn't think it was necessary.  

FYI, I'm a paralegal.  ROFLOL

Honored Contributor

Women wearing leggings--even if they are young, tall, and slender. Just not a good look on anyone.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I have never understood why it is so upsetting if a man keeps his hat on inside the house.  Why is that rude?  Is it okay for a woman to leave her hat on?  

My house has two columns flanking the front door.  Packages can easily be placed behind one of these and not be visible from the street.  Very rarely does it occur to the delivery person to do this.  

I detest drivers who pull in front of me when there is no one behind me and then proceed to drive slowly 🐢.

Yes!  And then they often turn off after going only two or three block lengths slowing us down even more.  The Earth spins only for them.  All they had to do was give us 5 seconds to get past.  SMH.

Respected Contributor

I mentioned my driving peeve and had to think if there are others but really none other that strongly aggravate except for a next door dog that sometimes insists it is time to wake up and get up because she isn't going to stop barking --- so except for those the one thing that fires me up is any person or group that tries or succeeds in taking something away from another person, family, group, or nation, and has no right to do it.  Maybe an invented right.  An imagined right, but it's basically a theft and there is so much of it going on that I want to scream at people to just S.T.O.P. it.  As if a scream would matter.

One other thing, people being treated badly only because the bad actor thinks they can get away with it.  I'm sick of it.  What ever happened to civil discussion, asking questions, anger control, all of those reasonable ways of interaction?

Those are big but I feel them very personally to my core.

Esteemed Contributor

One of my biggest peeves happened just a few minutes ago.  Automated phone services at businesses.   When I call a business - any business! - I want to talk to a real live human being.   A "press #1 for this, press #2 for that" system is not going to answer my question or solve my problem.  Ever.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

One pet peeve I haven't seen listed yet is people who have outdoor stereo systems and run their radios or music all afternoon and evening for the whole neighborhood to hear.  These ignorant people don't know how far sound can travel outdoors. I am sensitive to sounds and I can't stand hearing the whomp whomp whomp of the bass notes for hours on end.

Also if your set to meet someone at a certain time and they either show up really early or really late.  If your expecting someone at 10am and they show up at 9:30, chances are I won't be quite ready.  If your expecting someone at 10am and they show up more than 45 minutes later, if at all, that's aggravating.  They could at least let you know.

Like someone mentioned, businesses no longer hire people to man their telephone lines.  I'm always surprised if I can get an actual person on the phone when I call.  And then having to go thru all the steps of leaving messages and wondering if I will ever even get the call returned. 

Yes, I am officially OLD!!  Woman Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

People who use incorrect grammar.

For example, "Me and the neighbors had a cookout"

NO!

It's, "The neighbors and had a cookout"

People who don't know the difference between to, too, and two. Or there, their, or they're.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

Twisty tyes on a loaf of bread, drives me nuts.  

Honored Contributor

Women who squeal, shriek, and are loud in general, while out at bars and restaurants to attract  attention to themselves.

Often they seem to be having a "girls night out" and, apparently, they feel it's cute and girlie. It's not. What it is, is rude and obnoxious.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

People who use incorrect grammar.

For example, "Me and the neighbors had a cookout"

NO!

It's, "The neighbors and had a cookout"

People who don't know the difference between to, too, and two. Or there, their, or they're.

Add who and whom to the list.