Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Mersha  Men (or boys) who don't take off their hats in the house. Who raised them?

I'm with you on men keeping their hats on when in the house.  My hairdresser was showing me a picture of the family around the table during Easter dinner, this was before Covid, and there sat her stepdaughter's husband with his baseball cap on, backwards of course, while they were having a lovely Easter dinner.   This guy is over the age of 30.

I would have never said anything but my thought was what kind of an oaf is he?  Not only is it a holiday dinner but he is in the home of his wife's father and stepmother.  Was he never taught manners as a kid?  My husband would have never done something like that, or if he did, I would have nipped having such ill manners in the bud.

My Dad always removed his hat when entering any building.  I know many people say such actions are old fashioned and out of date, but I'll take those gentlemanly gestures over what I see in so many of the younger men today.

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy 

@froggy wrote:

I don't like anyone dropping by without an invitation (or phone call).

ITA

Honored Contributor

Grocery shoppers who allow their child to play with the produce and remove price labels  or move them to a different item.

Mothers who keep a constant narrative for their child from when they enter until they leave.

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Mersha  Men (or boys) who don't take off their hats in the house. Who raised them?

I'm with you on men keeping their hats on when in the house.  My hairdresser was showing me a picture of the family around the table during Easter dinner, this was before Covid, and there sat her stepdaughter's husband with his baseball cap on, backwards of course, while they were having a lovely Easter dinner.   This guy is over the age of 30.

I would have never said anything but my thought was what kind of an oaf is he?  Not only is it a holiday dinner but he is in the home of his wife's father and stepmother.  Was he never taught manners as a kid?  My husband would have never done something like that, or if he did, I would have nipped having such ill manners in the bud.

My Dad always removed his hat when entering any building.  I know many people say such actions are old fashioned and out of date, but I'll take those gentlemanly gestures over what I see in so many of the younger men today.

@J Town Girlit's a generational issue.  It can be difficult but some young people don't care about those things. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

2 of my biggest pet peeves:

People who invite themselves to something. 

Piggybacking off of that, people who invite someone else on a vacation they themselves were invited on or they invite other people to something they were invited to and it changes the entire dynamic.  

Oh, ugh, yeah.  Those things, for me, come under the category of no class and obnoxious narcissism.  

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Grocery shoppers who allow their child to play with the produce and remove price labels  or move them to a different item.

Mothers who keep a constant narrative for their child from when they enter until they leave.

If they are just using a normal voice (not shouting), it doesn't bother me any more than others speaking to one another while shopping. I I would venture to say that these mothers are trying to their children engaged rather doing the other stuff you mention. @occasionalrain 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

One thing that really bothers me is when people put their small dogs in the basket of the shopping cart without first putting a towel or small blanket down for them to sit on.  I have no problem with bringing a small pet into the store but at least have the courtesy to cover the basket.  

Until Covid most grocery stores didn't have any cleaning products available to disinfect the shopping cart.   I don't want to put my food down in the cart after your dog was just sitting there.  

I know people will say that babies and small children sit there but they at least have underpants or diapers on.  

I love dogs and have worked with them for over 35 years but I know that an animal's behind isn't the cleanest thing around.  That's why veterinary exam tables are stainless steel and get cleaned and disinfected after each pet is seen.

Super Contributor

Here is my newest one.  People who get veneers but only do part of the bottom teeth.  So four to six or so are brilliant white and the rest look horrible.  There are a few vendors on QVC with this issue.  It works if they are far away, but close up it drives me crazy!  I can't listen because I keep looking at their teeth!!!  

First world problems. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@J Town Girlit's a generational issue.  It can be difficult but some young people don't care about those things. 

I'm 50, and guys wearing baseball caps inside the house, and even at the  table, doesn't bother me.

There are more important things for me to get upset over.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Personal Pet Peeves

[ Edited ]

@Mersha wrote:

There are pet peeves that are so blatant that most would agree  they are highly offensive.

Sometimes we have a peeve that would not bother some but, to us, it is a big deal.

I have a few but one that I really dislike is when someone comes into my home and places a handbag on my kitchen or dining table.  I can imagine how many yucky places it has been, including floors.  It is probably not a big deal for many, but not me.

How about yours?

@Mersha My handbags have never been on a floor. They are either in my lap, in my closet, on a shelf inside my closet, hung on a hook, on the side back of my chair, on my car seat, or on me. They always rest on the cleanest area I find. I can't stand the idea of putting my bag on the floor. 

I'm grossed out by cats allowed to walk on the kitchen counter; considering where their paws have been.

People that stand in the street to try to sell things to people in passing cars.

Lack of quality, long lasting products on the market today.

People that always look for, or assume, ulterior or malevolent motives in others. These people assume that others have the worst intentions. They don't give the benefit of the doubt as their first assumption. They skip right over the benefit of the doubt and assume the worst about others.

People that prosthelysize their eating plans or any beliefs on others.

People that lack empathy.

People that make little effort to become informed about the illnesses and conditions (especially long term, chronic conditions) of their closest friends, family members and themselves. They can't be very supportive if they don't try to understand what they are going through.

Impatience.