Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Two silly things but are like nails on a chalkboard for me.  Putting an S on the end of Nordstrom and even worse adding AT to the end of a sentence when it isn't needed.  Otherwise I'm pretty chill.

@mspatmac Yes, like when someone says, "Where are you at?"  That drives me crazy too.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor
Thoughtless grocery shoppers. You are not the only one trying to shop, get your cart out of the middle of the aisle and keep to your side.

If you’re shopping with your family don’t take up the whole aisle either.
Honored Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Thoughtless grocery shoppers. You are not the only one trying to shop, get your cart out of the middle of the aisle and keep to your side.

If you’re shopping with your family don’t take up the whole aisle either.

I was in a store earlier and just wanted to ask a question at the pharmacy.  As I approached the counter I was glad to see nobody waiting.  Then, this woman comes flying past me to get to the counter before I did.  Seriously?

I waited for a while but she was taking forever and I finally just left.   She seemed to be one of those people with 200 idiotic questions and that was at the 'express' counter.  I just wanted to ask one quick question but it ended up being not worth waiting for however long it was going to take.

Respected Contributor

When you are at a gas station that each lane has 2 or even 3 pumps in a row.....you are behind someone pulling in and they stop at the first pump they come to instead of pulling up all the way to the pump at the end.  ⛽ ⛽ ⛽ 

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

People taking food from my plate, even if it's just a French fry. 

Arrrrgh yes! I have to hold myself back from stabbing their hand with my fork.

Do not take my food without permission! Ask first and I will say yes.

Don't ask, and suddenly my hackles raise up like an angry lion. It shocks me how strong my reaction is. I try to hide it because it is completely inappropriate and all out of proportion. But I have had people pick up on it.

I also hate it when I'm sharing a food item with someone, like a carton of ice cream, and I go to get some ice cream and they ate it all and left me a little sliver of it at the bottom. Where is my half??? When I react like that, it means that going forward I have to have my own pint or box of the food item to eat at my own pace, in order to keep the peace.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Pre-Covid anyway, I realize some banks may have been closed........But....when someone goes to the drive thru lane without even having a deposit slip, let alone it not even being filled out.  So, you are in your car behind them watching the plastic tube (cylinder) go back and forth a half a dozen times while they first ask for the deposit slip, maybe even ask for a pen,  then take their sweet time filling everything out.  Should have been done on their own time.

And if you don't have the slip you need, you should park and walk into the bank.  🏦💰

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I'm on a roll here.............

UPS, FEDX, not ringing doorbell to let you know you have a package sitting out there for the world to see.  I got my tomato plants yesterday and if I hadn't checked 'informed delivery' to give you some idea when they would be coming they would sit out there for couple of days.

I called up local office and said "why don't drivers ring the doorbell it's not hard and it's free"? they said "we thought they always do". I said not my house. We don't use front door that much to stumble over the stuff . 

My porch is a porch pirates dream. LOL

@SharkE 

Thats a pet peeve of mine too....now the UPS guys will KNOCK on the door and I appreciate that, but Amazon and USPS people wont (they said people complained that it disturbed them and others complained it woke up their babies/kids that were taking a nap.)..so I had a package that sat out in the rain yesterday....Woman Frustrated

Yikes!

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Two silly things but are like nails on a chalkboard for me.  Putting an S on the end of Nordstrom and even worse adding AT to the end of a sentence when it isn't needed.  Otherwise I'm pretty chill.

Guess you just don't know where it's at, @mspatmac !  (I agree 100% -- and I'd add "up" and "out" to your list, after words such as "switch," "change," "paint," etc.)

Honored Contributor

2 of my biggest pet peeves:

People who invite themselves to something. 

Piggybacking off of that, people who invite someone else on a vacation they themselves were invited on or they invite other people to something they were invited to and it changes the entire dynamic.  

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom , my DH worked nights for years so I really hated anyone ringing my doorbell or knocking on my door.  I also hated it when I had a puppy who wasn't so well behaved.  Never failed she finally settle down and someone would ring the bell.  LOL

I typically know when something is going to be delivered so it's not a problem.