Trusted Contributor

First let me say I know this is a first world problem.

I shop a lot online. I get a lot of emails from companies I buy from. The email usally has some pics of some of the the merchandise on the front.

If I'm interested in an item, I'd like to be able to click on it and be taken directly to the item. But that never happens. I'm taken to the website and have to search and hunt for that particular item. It seems like a simple thing, but these companies just don't seem to get it.

And yes, I've contacted many of them with suggestions that seem to fall on deaf ears.

That's all. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I'm paranoid about getting a computer virus by clicking through an email.  I always go through the company's website.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@madzonie    My pet peeve, while pretty, your aqua text is very difficult to read.  I didn't make it to the end.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have the same pet peeve! I was just thinking about this the other day when I clicked on a photo of a pretty dress on QVC and it took me to every dress but this one. Same with some tableware. It's not just QVC, but I've noticed it at other places too. 

Honored Contributor

I know what you're saying and it even happens on the main page of QVC.  I'll see a piece of jewelry and click on it and instead of going to the particular piece it'll instead take me to pages and pages of "like items" with the piece in question in the back.  Maybe they think that the more pages I have to go through, the more I'll buy.  Nope.  I never make it to the item I'm interested in and sure as heck don't make it through the additional pages.  I don't have time for that.  The luixury of browsing.  If I see something, I want to know about it and that's it......  Same with other websites.

A restaurant around here decided to place a standing up advertisement of all their drinks and desserts!  AND then then placed it upside down on the table.  I ;immediately picked it up, folded it and placed it behind the salt & papper.  The waitress said that they thought the customer would stop and go over the thing and encourage the customers to buy..... I don't know how that's working out for them but I am SO not interested and wonder who's the 12 year old that decided on this.....Woman Indifferent 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@madzonie wrote:

First let me say I know this is a first world problem.

I shop a lot online. I get a lot of emails from companies I buy from. The email usally has some pics of some of the the merchandise on the front.

If I'm interested in an item, I'd like to be able to click on it and be taken directly to the item. But that never happens. I'm taken to the website and have to search and hunt for that particular item. It seems like a simple thing, but these companies just don't seem to get it.

And yes, I've contacted many of them with suggestions that seem to fall on deaf ears.

That's all.

(thread title only)

@madzonie 

Just found one when trying to read your post. My comment is only on your thread title. Your choice of font size and, more specifically, your choice of color, I barely got through your 1st sentence.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

It's called click bait.

Like when you view bath towels on sale and 39 colors! Only to click on the ad to find 1 color available that ships next year and the rest are sold out.