Trusted Contributor

People with issues with the new community boards and standards

You are a guest here. If you decide to stay, there are standards and rules to follow by the host. If the standards are too strict.....the door is open. To challenge this or start threads against standards just why? QVC does not have to have these boards. We should be grateful for them, enjoy them, use them and not challenge them. That's all.
Super Contributor

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

I think it's that people would like to stay at this party, but the rules feel too cumbersome to them. They don't want to leave.

I will admit it's hard to feel welcome when there are so many poofed posts and threads throughout the boards. Our words are being read and monitored more closely than any other website I've been on.
Respected Contributor

It is what it is, their board. Eventually, it happens to everyone.

Honored Contributor

I think it's not such a hostile place to interact any more. People that don't like themselves and are out to tear somebody else down aren't tolerated any more. If you pick a fight and things get testy they usually ****** it in the bud. In the 'old' days people would pile on one another and be like mad dogs, sides were picked, etc. Lot of people left or just shut up.

I'd like to see some other issues addressed too, warning given, then, get banned from the Forums. Lot of preachy people have ruined threads for all and the whole thread disappears. Get rid of that one first.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with Sharke.  Many, many times I have witnessed posters being less than kind to each other.  I like the way this forum is being monitored ~ as a result, I have been posting more without the worry of my opinions being attacked.  I was amazed more than once at how unkind and combative adults could be to one another.  This forum is like a breath of fresh air...

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

I agree with Sharke.  Many, many times I have witnessed posters being less than kind to each other.  I like the way this forum is being monitored ~ as a result, I have been posting more without the worry of my opinions being attacked.  I was amazed more than once at how unkind and combative adults could be to one another.  This forum is like a breath of fresh air...

I feel the other way, I don't like that every word is being checked that I write at all, didn't feel that with the "old forum". 
I didn't read or experince any threads were anyone was attacked .  Now we have a situation like a Kindergarten class were a moderator removes anything "unkind"

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! I constantly saw threads where posters were piled on. It was annoying, and it was getting to the point that I was posting less and less.

I actually enjoy the new moderation and I have started checking in more frequently. I just don't feel that the rules are too stringent, or difficult to follow, but different strokes.

Trusted Contributor

I have watched the boards for a long time before joining. There were some pretty nasty remarks on them, bulling in a lot of threads. I didn't want to join thinking I would get tore to shreds. With the new format is more kinder. I believe if you stick to decent topics,thoughtful and amusing subjects you won't get poofed. QVC has command of the ship and has a right to do as they wish. If we don't like it I guess we can jump ship.
Esteemed Contributor

sharke

How far back are those "old days" you mention?  Maybe I just haven't visited the same forums as you in my 15 years here. What I see, for the most part, are a huge majority of people here with different opinions. Just as I have, and still see, in the real life world.

Warnings given/people banned? How can I easily distinguish a "preachy" person from a person, like myself, that takes tons of words to reply to a simple thread. Does the length of a post, of a differing opinion, constitute being "preachy"?

Seems like anyone that goes back as far as the "old days", like myself, have more than likely had a thread they started "poofed", or maybe even been the one that has innocently(?) gotten a thread poofed. 

I have seen few "rules/standards/even laws" that are not subject to interpretation. If there were too many that were not subject to interpretation, whymwould we need so dangrd many Attorneys and Judges?

Did my post here stay on the safe side of being "preachy"?  I sure hope so. I don't want to get a reprimand/warning, or heaven forbid, get banned.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Wow! I constantly saw threads where posters were piled on. It was annoying, and it was getting to the point that I was posting less and less.

I actually enjoy the new moderation and I have started checking in more frequently. I just don't feel that the rules are too stringent, or difficult to follow, but different strokes.

@icezeus

Maybe it depended on what topics you read, but I do notice many frequent flyers :-) are absent.

I get the rules, I wish the format was less clunky, even though I wanted a new one.

Files under be careful what u wish for etc