Esteemed Contributor

Re: People with cell phones out at Grocery stores

I went to Walmart over the weekend and the cashier transposed the numbers for corn on the cob. What should have been .52 each rang up $9.98 each. So for four ears of corn they charged me $40. You bet I got my money back. 

Regular Contributor

Not so many years ago I shopped Pathmark (in NJ) which has since moved out. Anyhow they had a policy if you found an item advertised that had the wrong price you got it for free (limit 4 per item). I took full advantage of that perk. 

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh  No, at least it isn't for me. The main problem with price gouging...oops...ringing up the wrong price....happens to be Publix in our area followed by Target. Walmart hasn't proven to be an issue as of yet. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@icezeus , @Knit-Chick , I agree with both of your posts.  However, I am not one bit surprised at the post from that poster because of how she typically posts for the most part.

Most times, I have to sit on my fingers.  However, when she needs help, the rule is different for the rest of us IMO.

She either posts when she's hangry, hasn't had her coffee or someone p'd in her cheerios...

Honored Contributor

The only people I've seen on cell phones in IGA are men who can't find what their girlfriend/wife sent them there to get.  

I learned with my own husband that he was only able to remember 3 items, and they better be simple things like bread, milk, and bananas!  

With a written list, he could do 5 items, but again they had to be simple; no way could I send him to the spice section for anything more than a box of salt or can of black pepper.  

Respected Contributor

I have been reading of these price issues with Walmart but as of yet, knock wood, I have not had the issues of prices on the shelf not matching the price when I ring out.  I have been keeping a close eye out too since many posters have complained about this.

I am at my little Walmart a couple of times a week.  My prices are just the same on my receipts as they are on the shelf or display.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't have have strength to nickel and dime my way through life so I can save $2.62 on my order.  I won't live like that.  Honestly if I was struggling financially to that extent, I'd take a job at Walmart to make some extra money.  

What's disturbing is that you don't have the strength.  I'd get that checked out.

@Lucky Charm best reply ever!! I laughed so hard reading your response, I spit the water I was drinking and tears formed in my eyes. I just cannot stop laughing.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I mean this sincerely.  Is this a problem that seems to be primarily a Walmart issue?  Because, when I read these threads, it seems to be overwhelmingly happening at Walmart.  

I think if that's the case, and I had other choices, I'd shop somewhere else. It shouldn't create this much angst and hoopla and conferences with employees and visits to customer service just to grocery shop.

I shop at Publix.  Not that that means anything great or superior at all, that just happens to be where I go, but I don't run into issues there.  Granted, I don't stand in front of each item and calculate and there isn't an app or whatever to scan the groceries so that you see discrepancies in real time, but grocery shopping doesn't seem to be so intense as it for many of you who keep bringing up Walmart.

I may stop in Walmart once a year or so, if I'm looking for something specific, and based on the threads I see here, I think I'll keep it that way.

I am really sorry that many of you seem to run into such pricing issues and, in some cases, repeatedly.  I wouldn't want to have to go through that and I am sorry that you do.

@gidgetgh  I shop at Publix, Kroger and Walmart. So far Walmart is the only one with the problem.

If the register says a higher price I usually call an employee and that person changes it to the price I tell them.

The two Walmarts I go to just put in new registers and they were wondering if that was the problem.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't have have strength to nickel and dime my way through life so I can save $2.62 on my order.  I won't live like that.  Honestly if I was struggling financially to that extent, I'd take a job at Walmart to make some extra money.  

What's disturbing is that you don't have the strength.  I'd get that checked out.

@Lucky Charm best reply ever!! I laughed so hard reading your response, I spit the water I was drinking and tears formed in my eyes. I just cannot stop laughing.

@DJs mom   So true.  I lost a bit of my afternoon coffee too when I read that post from @Lucky Charm .  Priceless!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@gidgetgh  No, at least it isn't for me. The main problem with price gouging...oops...ringing up the wrong price....happens to be Publix in our area followed by Target. Walmart hasn't proven to be an issue as of yet. 

"Our Publix Promise guarantees that if during checkout, the scanned price of an item (excluding alcohol and tobacco products) exceeds the shelf price or advertised price, we will give the customer one of that item free. We will charge the lower price for the remaining items."

This has been a Publix policy as long as there has been a Publix!