Respected Contributor

Re: People with cell phones out at Grocery stores

I use the scan and go option at my grocery. I scan my items with my phone and place them in my reusable bags as I shop. Most of my shopping trips involve someone ( it’s generally a man who appears to be old enough for Medicare) who thinks they need to lecture me about using my phone in the store.
Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree  Wow ok, you just admitted that getting ripped off is not a problem to you. My question is what dollar amount is your limit before you stop the checkout line to have a price check or are you so blessed that money is no object?  For me, commuting those extra $2.50, $3.00, $1.62 added on to my purchases adds up when I'm already paying so much more for gas, electric, water, and basically any other service out there.  It's my money, there is NO reason for someone who screwed up should get it. Why am I giving them more of my hard earned money if it's not the actual price?  I'm smart enough to know not to pay more than I have to.  Not sure why you think walking away after being overcharged is something to be proud of.  If the chicken was $4.60...then I want to pay $4.60 not $5.60. 

The whole "nickel and dime" statement as being your excuse for YOUR opinion was rude, and the subsequent statements after only showed your true level of down right offensively impolite responses.  

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't have have strength to nickel and dime my way through life so I can save $2.62 on my order.  I won't live like that.  Honestly if I was struggling financially to that extent, I'd take a job at Walmart to make some extra money.  

What's disturbing is that you don't have the strength.  I'd get that checked out.

Ahhhh.  So you are one of those people who holds up the line for 40 minutes hoping to save $1.80.  

What is wrong with you?  I mean seriously, WTH is wrong with you?

(I, too, have sat on my fingers long enough.)

Respected Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@chrystaltree  Wow ok, you just admitted that getting ripped off is not a problem to you. My question is what dollar amount is your limit before you stop the checkout line to have a price check or are you so blessed that money is no object?  For me, commuting those extra $2.50, $3.00, $1.62 added on to my purchases adds up when I'm already paying so much more for gas, electric, water, and basically any other service out there.  It's my money, there is NO reason for someone who screwed up should get it. Why am I giving them more of my hard earned money if it's not the actual price?  I'm smart enough to know not to pay more than I have to.  Not sure why you think walking away after being overcharged is something to be proud of.  If the chicken was $4.60...then I want to pay $4.60 not $5.60. 

The whole "nickel and dime" statement as being your excuse for YOUR opinion was rude, and the subsequent statements after only showed your true level of down right offensively impolite responses.  

You said it very well, I consider myself comfortable financially but I still don't want to be ripped off and I definetely dont begrudge others that don't want to be ripped off either, and if your in front of me in the store and you need o contest a price that is marked incorrectly I would be upset with the store not with you.

Honored Contributor

I shop at WM dot com, put things in my cart there and either pick them up myself at their curb-side or have it delivered to my house. Either way I pay the price shown on their website and that way I don't have to deal with cash registers and discrepancies seen thereof.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had someone make a remark to me on this forum a couple of weeks ago about this happening to me at the Walmart I shop at, though the $ amount was smaller.  I didn't notice until I got home and only noticed because it was something I would get every week or so. I called to complain and no one ever answered the phone. E mailed my info, but they were having technical problems. IT wasn't worth going back for but did mention when I went to shop the following week. I was told that they can't keep up with the price changes.Hey, if I see a penny on the ground, I pick it up and I use  coupons, too. Better in my pocket, I think. I no longer purchase something just because I want it, now I purchase if needed. I guess, to each his own. 

Trusted Contributor

@spumoni99  I pay attention when someone is disputing a price because it's usually my luck that I have a couple of those items in my cart lol.  

Honored Contributor

It pays to be vigilant. Not sure why one poster treats others in such a condescending manner. Couldn't she just pass on commenting if she feels we are trying to save our nickles and dimes?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't have have strength to nickel and dime my way through life so I can save $2.62 on my order.  I won't live like that.  Honestly if I was struggling financially to that extent, I'd take a job at Walmart to make some extra money.  

What's disturbing is that you don't have the strength.  I'd get that checked out.

Ahhhh.  So you are one of those people who holds up the line for 40 minutes hoping to save $1.80.  

No, I do self checkout.  That way I can hear as I scan the price of the item.

I'm not stupid.

Honored Contributor

I mean this sincerely.  Is this a problem that seems to be primarily a Walmart issue?  Because, when I read these threads, it seems to be overwhelmingly happening at Walmart.  

I think if that's the case, and I had other choices, I'd shop somewhere else. It shouldn't create this much angst and hoopla and conferences with employees and visits to customer service just to grocery shop.

I shop at Publix.  Not that that means anything great or superior at all, that just happens to be where I go, but I don't run into issues there.  Granted, I don't stand in front of each item and calculate and there isn't an app or whatever to scan the groceries so that you see discrepancies in real time, but grocery shopping doesn't seem to be so intense as it for many of you who keep bringing up Walmart.

I may stop in Walmart once a year or so, if I'm looking for something specific, and based on the threads I see here, I think I'll keep it that way.

I am really sorry that many of you seem to run into such pricing issues and, in some cases, repeatedly.  I wouldn't want to have to go through that and I am sorry that you do.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?