Super Contributor

Re: People with cell phones out at Grocery stores

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't have have strength to nickel and dime my way through life so I can save $2.62 on my order.  I won't live like that.  Honestly if I was struggling financially to that extent, I'd take a job at Walmart to make some extra money.  

You sure are fortunate.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I’m not in Walmart very often so I haven’t seen issues with pricing.  At the grocery I do ask if something was rung up at the sale price or if my rewards went through.  There is one store in particular where l am learning to check the receipt before leaving.

@Snoopp 

Me, too .... I now check most receipts when I check out .... and step aside about 10 feet while I take the time to read the entire receipt.   

Years ago I wouldn't have bothered, but if something is seriously not correct, I want it taken care of while I am standing there and the cashier remembers me & the transaction we just finished.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My take on the rising shelf prices not catching up with the cash register..... Whether it be 40¢, $1.25 or $2.99.....the point is if I am comparison shopping in the aisle and say selecting the store house brand as opposed to the national brand, all that goes out the window if I end up paying the higher price after all.  At that point, I should have just bought the national brand to start with.  Instead, I'm paying $$$ for the generic brand?  No, thank you.

And as far as their excuse that the prices are going up so fast they can't keep up with changing the shelf prices.....too bad on them.  They manage to find the time to update their computer, then they should take the time and effort to change the shelving prices, too.  I realize one is an easier fix than the other, but the consumer shouldn't have to pay the price..... Literally.

Not to digress, but this reminds me of when a bride and/or groom claim they don't have the time to send out all the many thank you notes for all the gifts they received because it was such a big wedding.  But somehow they managed to send out all the many invites for their big wedding. 

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

I’m not in Walmart very often so I haven’t seen issues with pricing.  At the grocery I do ask if something was rung up at the sale price or if my rewards went through.  There is one store in particular where l am learning to check the receipt before leaving.

@Snoopp 

Me, too .... I now check most receipts when I check out .... and step aside about 10 feet while I take the time to read the entire receipt.   

Years ago I wouldn't have bothered, but if something is seriously not correct, I want it taken care of while I am standing there and the cashier remembers me & the transaction we just finished.  

Shoekitty said.  YES, THIS!!   Whatever I have to take care of I want done then and there.  Sometimes I go to car, sometimes I step aside and check .  I also examine the product in Home Depot or the like to make sure it matches the box, has its parts, etc.  I live a bit from the store.  When I leave the store, I am done. I don't want to deal with that anymore. One and done.  Lol

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't have have strength to nickel and dime my way through life so I can save $2.62 on my order.  I won't live like that.  Honestly if I was struggling financially to that extent, I'd take a job at Walmart to make some extra money.  

@chrystaltree 

I find your comment insulting to myself and others on this thread.

Not struggling financially. I just don't give my money away. I pay attention to prices. I am a Buyer by trade, so I am sure that weighs in on my decision, and how much energy is exerted to correct wrong pricing?

But you do you....

Shoekitty said.  I would rather donate the disputed amount to the fella outside the store than let the store have it. I think it's prudent to check your receipts.  One time instead of 5.95 the cashier hit 59.95.  I was in a rush didn't look at receipt until I hit door.  Had to turn around, wait in line... of course it was an honest mistake and neither of us were on the ball at the moment.  I think of that, and do pay attention now.

Respected Contributor

1. Qvcaddiction. I use to work in Shaw's supermarket for 20 .if the shelf price or the advertised price is what we had to give customer the price they saw. A few years ago I was in a Wal-Mart buying 2 sets of dishes and the price rang up was higher than the shelf price. I told them and cashier had someone check the price and they had to get it okayed by store manager that said he can have one for the lower price but not the second one has to be the higher price.cashier told me I can't give you both for the cheaper price.my boss won't authorize it. I told cashier I understand its not your fault but your boss is a real blank. I can't write on here what I told the cashier what her boss is.but she agreed with.
Honored Contributor

By and large companies around here are pretty good with pricing. If the difference is small, I don't fight it. Maybe twenty years ago I had an issue with Walmart. They had a sale on McAfee security software with a $19.99 price sticker on it. When the clerk rang it up it came up as $69.99 and that's what she wanted me to pay. I pointed out the very clear $19.99 price on it. The manager came over and called back to the electronics department to have someone there come up and verify the correct pricing. It was $19.99. "We have a whole rack of them at that price." I got it for $19.99. Price stickers on items don't even matter if the computer disagrees. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Jaspertimes 

@Jaspertimes wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

You sure are fortunate.

Plus, at 86, no one will hire you, not even Walmart.  We seniors are on limited incomes and before this inflation, was making it OK.

Esteemed Contributor

Want to add, I was in CS most of my life and can stll give better service than what is out there today.