Honored Contributor

Re: People with cell phones out at Grocery stores

@SilleeMee wrote:

I shop at WM dot com, put things in my cart there and either pick them up myself at their curb-side or have it delivered to my house. Either way I pay the price shown on their website and that way I don't have to deal with cash registers and discrepancies seen thereof.

I do as well @SilleeMee 

I know exactly what I will be charged and either agree to pay that amount OR delete the item.

Walmart has also matched AMZ prices on things I wanted. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree : I hope you never,ever have to worry about being "nickel and dimed".

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

MY biggest gripe with Walmart is that they have removed all price scanners from the stores.  In order to verify a price now, I have track down an employee and make them scan the price on their phones.

Of course, they are programmed to say that I just need to download the Walmart App and then I can check my own prices any time I need to do so.

So ... let me get this straight, I say to them  ..... it's now up to the CUSTOMERS to provide equipment to check prices?  Seriously?   

Can anyone see a Class Action Lawsuit over this?  Am I over reacting?  

sorry @Tinkrbl44 

Yes you are, IMHO.

The last thing we need is any more lawyers getting rich over frivilous Class Action Lawsuits.

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@chrystaltree  Wow ok, you just admitted that getting ripped off is not a problem to you. My question is what dollar amount is your limit before you stop the checkout line to have a price check or are you so blessed that money is no object?  For me, commuting those extra $2.50, $3.00, $1.62 added on to my purchases adds up when I'm already paying so much more for gas, electric, water, and basically any other service out there.  It's my money, there is NO reason for someone who screwed up should get it. Why am I giving them more of my hard earned money if it's not the actual price?  I'm smart enough to know not to pay more than I have to.  Not sure why you think walking away after being overcharged is something to be proud of.  If the chicken was $4.60...then I want to pay $4.60 not $5.60. 

The whole "nickel and dime" statement as being your excuse for YOUR opinion was rude, and the subsequent statements after only showed your true level of down right offensively impolite responses.  

@eadu4 

I totally agree with you...it may be a $1 here, $2 there but it all adds up.....I was telling a friend if I buy 30 items a  week at the grocery store, and each item goes up by $2 that's $60 a week and $240 more a month...that aint chump change....everything adds up....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

MY biggest gripe with Walmart is that they have removed all price scanners from the stores.  In order to verify a price now, I have track down an employee and make them scan the price on their phones.

Of course, they are programmed to say that I just need to download the Walmart App and then I can check my own prices any time I need to do so.

So ... let me get this straight, I say to them  ..... it's now up to the CUSTOMERS to provide equipment to check prices?  Seriously?   

@Tinkrbl44 

The funny thing is if that Walmart Employee would've just scanned the item, it would have taken less time than the lecture she gave you about using the APP 🤔😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

If these over charges are happening to you they are happening to others who are shopping for the same item(s) day in and day out. A quarter here or a dollar there adds up at the end of the day for your Walmart store. I never shop at Walmart, but I am guilty of not paying close attention to what I am being charged at my grocery store since I am busy bagging my items while the cashier is ringing them up, so it may be happening to me too. It's also the principle of the charge. That money is better in your pocket than Walmart's.
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

sorry @Tinkrbl44 

Yes you are, IMHO.

The last thing we need is any more lawyers getting rich over frivilous Class Action Lawsuits.

@RespectLife 

LOL ... just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting I was interested in suing anyone over this.

I just think it's very very wrong for any retailer to expect us to put their apps on our phones or we cannot get a price check because they took the machines out.

Personally, I like price scanner machines .... and shop at Target more these days because they have them.

It's not up to me to provide equipment.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

sorry @Tinkrbl44 

Yes you are, IMHO.

@RespectLife 

LOL ... just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting I was interested in suing anyone over this.

I just think it's very very wrong for any retailer to expect us to put their apps on our phones or we cannot get a price check because they took the machines out.

Personally, I like price scanner machines .... and shop at Target more these days because they have them.

It's not up to me to provide equipment.

I don’t look at it as providing equipment. It’s much quicker and easier to use my phone vs walking to a price checker each time.
Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

That's the reason why I don't go running to customer service to tell them that they undercharged me for something -- or whatever the case might be.

You just don't know how many times you've been overcharged.

But, if you don't inform them...how will they know to correct it?  

If it happened often, I would save the labels and the register receipt and take it to them, once anyways!