Respected Contributor

Re: People with Type A blood face heightened risk of infection. ....

None of the links posted so far is sourced to anything I'd bother looking at, so I'm treating this as suspect info. Besides, I don't see how it's actionable even if it checks out.

My state's total cases now number over 100. I comforted myself with the fact that the nearest cases were three counties away. Today I was at the eye doctor, troubleshooting a misbehaving optic nerve, and he told me that three cases were diagnosed half an hour away from us yesterday. It's on the move.

I have nothing to change in what I'm doing except I may bring a yardstick with me to the store to pick up Rx because people are not putting enough space between each other and the stick might provide a meaningful reminder, plus work as a flimsy cane. Six feet is a lot of room on a checkout line, but there's nothing left to buy, so I might not even need to poke anyone with it. Darn. Cat Wink

BTW, I'm type A something and am solidly in the higher-risk group. I take good, reliable info seriously. Stuff like this definitely needs to be peer reviewed.

Honored Contributor

My late husband, myself and my 3 daughters are all Type A negative.

When I was pregnant for the second time (I lost the first baby) I'd changed Drs because he was so terrible.

The new Dr was flipped because I'd not been given the Rogran shot after I lost several babies.

But I was lucky because my late husband was also A-negative.

The Dr didn't believe me so I had to bring my husband's army card that said his blood type.

He said the chances of two A-negatives marrying are a bit remote.  It's not like A-negative is so rare just two A-negatives marrying.

We also had the same social security number within a few numbers (the first 6 are the same) and we both have the same middle name.

We were really meant to be together.  Crazy thing is he was born in one end of the country and I was born in the other end of the country.  I was 6 months older than he was.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

None of the links posted so far is sourced to anything I'd bother looking at, so I'm treating this as suspect info. Besides, I don't see how it's actionable even if it checks out.

My state's total cases now number over 100. I comforted myself with the fact that the nearest cases were three counties away. Today I was at the eye doctor, troubleshooting a misbehaving optic nerve, and he told me that three cases were diagnosed half an hour away from us yesterday. It's on the move.

I have nothing to change in what I'm doing except I may bring a yardstick with me to the store to pick up Rx because people are not putting enough space between each other and the stick might provide a meaningful reminder, plus work as a flimsy cane. Six feet is a lot of room on a checkout line, but there's nothing left to buy, so I might not even need to poke anyone with it. Darn. Cat Wink

BTW, I'm type A something and am solidly in the higher-risk group. I take good, reliable info seriously. Stuff like this definitely needs to be peer reviewed.

@noodleann I posted the ACTUAL STUDY. 

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what my blood type is? DH's is one of those rare ones cannot remember. They always want his blood plus his platelets.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66
So what you are saying is you are A Negative as well as your late husband?
Because Rhogan is only given when the mother is Rh Negative & the father is Rh Positive.
☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  Yes, preliminary must be peer reviewed & even peer replicated. 
I posted the S. China newspaper link, so people could read about it.

Honored Contributor

This is fascinating in a "is it really real" kind of way.....

I'm 0 negative and remember a lot of discussion because DH is A and would I have to have a shot after I had my first son.  His bood type was 0 negative like mine, so no shot.  When I got pregnant again,  same thing but I had another son with 0 negative blood so no shot again.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom  That's what I'm saying.  I told him I'd never been given the shot.  Some of the pregnancies were far along.

He wanted to know definitely if my late husband was A-Negative.  I told him the first Dr had never even asked my late husband's blood type.

My mother was also A negative.  When she remarried my step-father was some blood type that didn't work with her (I don't know what it was).  This was back in the beginning of the 50's.

My mother had several miscarriages and baby's that were still-born.  Then when my little sister was born they did something to her (she's now an RN so she knows better than I am), where they changed her blood (I have no idea what it was) but it almost killed her.

Because of it she gets big white bloches on her skin if she's in the sun for very long.  

That's what I said, maybe not plain

enough.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Here's a little of the Science behind the need to have Rhogam during pregnancy. If a woman is Rh Negative she would create antibodies against an Rh Positive baby which can only happen if the father is Rh Positive. 

It results in the baby dying if the injection isn't given at intervals during the pregnancy. The Mother's immune response against an Rh Positive baby gets stronger with each subsequent pregnancy. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  You mentioned your sister getting her blood changed? That was done to remove the mother's reaction to your sister's blood (the baby's blood cells start to be destroyed) so a total transfusion must be done to save the baby.

The mother treats the Rh Positive as a foreign substance and some of those antibodies cross the placenta into the baby destroying the baby's red blood cells.