Honored Contributor

"I wouldn't do anything different even if I had the money," always seem to do something different when they get the money.

I know I'd do different things. No, I don't imagine I'd buy a mansion or own four cars or wear a ten-carat diamond, but yes, I'd live somewhat differently than I do. Just for starters, I'd have the interior of my home painted more often and I'd have new flooring right away instead of waiting until I just can't wait any longer. I'd probably hire cleaning help every week, and have my hair professionally styled every time there was an occasion instead of just when it requires color and a cut.

I'd make bigger and more frequent donations to my favorite charities --no, not to every one that asks, just to what I already choose. And I'd give money to my nieces and nephews rather than have them wait to see what's left when I die because I'd feel more confident about giving away large sums. Just little things in a way, but they're indicative of an attitude about money I don't have going on right now.

What about you? Do you really believe you'd make no changes?