Trusted Contributor

Re: People who lack Drive and Motivation

The fact is that I find myself having to backpeddle on things because she doesn't care enough to do things correctly in the first place. Believe it or not, it happens in life. You deal with people who give misinformation and when correct them, they don't care enough to pay attention and the cycle continues.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Respected Contributor

@cherrywrote:

If she is such a poor employee, why hasn't the supervisor talked to her? 

I think one reason could be if the job is being done the supervisor doesn't care who is doing it

Honored Contributor

I think there could be a tad of information missing. If she is such a poor worker, I would think she would be terminated

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Lovescats, the job is being done correctly by me, myself, and I. 

Honored Contributor

@JBKO Unless her behavior and/or work 

product directly effects you, I would keep my head down, do my job and be mindful of myself/work product.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was kind of like her in my last job. I hated the company, I hated the drive every day, the work was beyond mind numbing, the people were a bunch of tattle tales and drama queens. Why didn’t I quit you ask? I had been there 9 years and I knew layoffs were coming and I wanted my due. Also I was 58 at the time and age descrimination is alive and well. So I did my time and eventually our entire department was laid off. We all pretty much had the same attitude but we wanted what was owed to us for the years of pain and none of us would give the mothership the satisfaction of quitting. I had no drive or motivation because the company did not appreciate any efforts people would put forth. No raises since 2010, yearly reviews that were a joke and every year a promised bonus was taken away because upper management had no clue how to run a company (but they got theirs) so why should I go out of my way for a company that doesn’t respect me. I didn’t and most of the company didn’t. It was simply a paycheck, nothing more. So there are lots of reasons for your friends actions. 

Trusted Contributor

Our supervisor has talked to her--about her tardiness, about not enforcing the policy. We have a write-up system.

Honored Contributor

@JBKO  we have heard some rather  odd tales, about the way you perceive things ,before, from you

I think you have been given good advice, about keeping your head down, and doing your job the best you can

Maybe you will be able to get a promotion, and find a nice little place you can nestle in, and be happy.

In the meantime ,be nice to this person, she might really be suffering, and you never know what will put someone over the edge

Honored Contributor

Personally, I prefer a middle ground. I'm not wowed by treading water and going nowhere, but I'm also not wowed by those who are so driven they don't know when or how to take a deep breath. Past a point, those who are driven and expect that everyone else should be too are particularly annoying.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@cherrywrote:

@JBKO  we have heard some rather  odd tales, about the way you perceive things ,before, from you

I think you have been given good advice, about keeping your head down, and doing your job the best you can

Maybe you will be able to get a promotion, and find a nice little place you can nestle in, and be happy.

In the meantime ,be nice to this person, she might really be suffering, and you never know what will put someone over the edge

@cherry, ya never know, this mysterious co-worker could someday soon become @JBKO's boss!!!!Woman Wink  Now that would be interesting!