Esteemed Contributor

Re: People who Age Overnight

@LTT1  Thanks for the link and your kind comments. I'm signed up (as BirkiLady) and ready to read. As the fall and cold weather hit, I'll be inclined to take part. That's when the pain and symptoms will return with a vengence, as usual. In the meantime, I'm basking in the hot weather and playing with my new raised mini hosta beds!  Hope you enjoy your summer. Keeping you in my thoughts for best possible health. Retirement is close! Blessings and warm hugs.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Extreme weight loss (especially if you have carried more weight most of your life) will make you look older in the face very often, as will illness or other major life stresses. 

The celebs don't age because they have every tool at their disposal not to, including surgeries, all the best lotions and potions, personal trainers, photo shopping etc. 

I don't judge my aging my celebs, it simply isn't a level playing field. 

But genes and lifestyle and health are the biggest factors in how someone usually ages.

Honored Contributor

@JBKO@Mominohio@BirkiLady@blackhole99@151949

I seriously am beginning to think that celebrities and other people in the public eye have secrets about this. Do you think so?

Like bee venom or certain serums that are either illegal or border on it.

There are some of them that just look too good (glowy) to be true.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1  In the scheme of things, worrying about appearance isn't a big deal to me. We're all going to age. If I'm able to age gracefully and with dignity, that's fine. Keeping up with celebrities isn't on my radar! It's something I've never thought about. Don't care about them; don't idolize them; don't follow them. Give me someone who is fascinating and how their mind works will attract me. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@151949 Wow, what a wringer you've been through. Falls are the worst for people our age.  I hope the pain eases for you day by day. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@LTT1these celebs and the very rich can afford anything their heart desires, it would not surprise me that they would go to any length to keep their youthful appearance.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99

Scary, right?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

From my local observations, I've noticed that losing too much weight sometimes ages women.

Even in their fifties.

If they gain a few lbs. since the last time I saw them, they look 'way younger'.

I guess I'm saying that sometmes it's better to have a few extra lbs. as we age.

Also, I've noticed that those people recover much faster and look better after an illness or injury. I do believe that docs prefer to see a 'cushion' of weight when their patients have significant and other illnesses. 

Agree.  I call it a “buffer.”

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart

Having your teeth done also makes a big difference.  My sister in law is 84 and has had dental implants done on all of her teeth - every one of them.  (Like Paula Deen) 

She looks ten years younger but it was costly and time consuming for her, but, she has plenty of money and a lot of spare time.  

She's had the fillers and the botox, breast surgery,and a face lift, so I guess this was the last thing she wanted done. 

Respected Contributor

I'd rather age overnight than the alternative Woman Wink

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown