Esteemed Contributor

Re: People who Age Overnight

@SharkE  Nice to see you back! Wondered where you have been. Pain meds can be wicked; sorry you are taking them. After a couple of years, I tapered off (under by Dr's guidance) and have refused to take any more. Not a fan of them. Best wishes on finding a way to control your pain (if possible).  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Anyone I know who has aged dramatically has suffered an illness.  

Honored Contributor

I find folks who appear to age overnight are drug abusers, alcoholic's &/or have health issues.

Lawd, I am not going to get into "meth" usersfaint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Last week I found a picture of myself from four years ago. I was shocked at how much younger I looked. About five months after that photo was taken I became the caregiver for my Mom through her chronic illness. Then her cancer after that, until her death. Three years plus of the stress has aged me so much. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Look at the last five PRESIDENTS ..... after four years, they've aged 10-fold.  

Stress~!

Honored Contributor

Due to plastic surgery, fillers, Botox, camera filters, and photoshop, I put zero credibility into the looks of celebrities with regards to aging.
Honored Contributor

Just remember that "Hollywood" people do not have the stress we do.  They dont have to worry about money, etc.  They can hire cooks, personal trainers, take wonderful vacations, have a nanny to take of kids.  They can afford the best creams, lotions and potions and clothes.  They can afford plastic surgery and all pictures, TV appearances are photoshopped, and filtered through special camera's.  Their makeup is done by a professional.

Dont forget Hollywood is all about smoke and mirrors.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  Were you able to sleep, sleep, sleep in order to recoup those years of stress. It was close to 14 years with my mom . . . and I was exhausted! Didn't care if the world stopped spinning. All I wanted to do was sleep - and I did! Worked wonders on my health issues, as well as my appearance (which I didn't think had been affected). When I had my new Driver's License picture in February, that's when I really noticed the difference myself and believed my family and friends! 

Sorry for you loss. Stress is rough on our bodies in so many ways, but we're too busy to notice at the time. Probably a good thing! Sending wishes for those green eyes to sparkle and shine!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

From my local observations, I've noticed that losing too much weight sometimes ages women.

Even in their fifties.

If they gain a few lbs. since the last time I saw them, they look 'way younger'.

I guess I'm saying that sometmes it's better to have a few extra lbs. as we age.

Also, I've noticed that those people recover much faster and look better after an illness or injury. I do believe that docs prefer to see a 'cushion' of weight when their patients have significant and other illnesses. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@JBKO@BirkiLady@Imaoldhippie@bikerbabe@seaBreeze

I THOUGHT that I aged overnight, and in some ways that may be true.

However, when I look at pictures, I notice that my hair was thinner than I remembered.

Various other characteristics are different though. The eyes tend to turn down in the corners rather than “up” which makes me look “wan.”

I am larger through the middle, but that is improving b/c of daily walking exercise.

Today I touched base with an organization I used to ...the IDF forum. Primary Immunodeficiency robs people of their energy. No wonder it has taken three years after retiring to recover some energy.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~