Super Contributor

Re: People using their own cups/thermal mugs at Starbucks and cleanliness

On 3/20/2015 Alley Catvocate said:
On 3/20/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 3/20/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 3/20/2015 lulu2 said:
On 3/20/2015 Cakers1 said:

Holy cannoli - some of you are majorly paranoid.

Try one of these on for size - {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Image result for hazmat suit

Bubble boy comes to mind.

Why would some of you ever go out to eat?

Some of us have serious auto-immune disorders. A mere cold to someone else can be life-threatening for us.

We do the best we can. BTW, I do go out to eat, and I do use a hand sanitizer after ordering.

It's bad enough to deal with the daily struggle without someone thinking it's a joke.

You know darn well a beloved family member of mine has an auto-immune disease.

So don't go trying to make me out as some kind of monster. This foolish grudge is getting out of hand.

I know MANY people that do and can still laugh... I prefer mine in Red, thank you...

Hola Mel: My son laughs at himself all the time - especially when he can't keep his balance. Do you prefer black or yellow boots?

Image result for red hazmat suit

Image result for red hazmat suit

Valued Contributor

I like BOTH of those combinations...Smile

I hope you have a GREAT weekend, Cakers!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

I like BOTH of those combinations...Smile

I hope you have a GREAT weekend, Cakers!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Right back at you!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

eta: I think the black boots are s*xier.

Honored Contributor

Well...I was thinking about the rim/side of the nasty cup touching the machine...and that part of the machine touches someone's cup...and smacked myself..have any of yuz worked in restaurants? Bleckhhh...servers with dirty hands..eating off of customers' plates....etc.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

After seeing more than a few reports about the filth that's in ice, ice makers, and fountain drink dispensers at restaurants, I just can't bring myself to order fountain drinks any more.

At nice restaurants, I prefer my water w/o ice.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

Cakers, I hope you saved room for me on the naughty girls' bench.

I did not see your post as making fun of people whose health would be jeopardized by germs in public places.

This thread was about how we and the general population deal with cleanliness (or lack of) in public, particularly restaurants. Some responses I found to be amusing. I've worked in a restaurant so know what went on, and I still eat out.

We've had threads where posters said they bring their owns bedding and towels to hotels. I remember a poster saying she wiped down the church pews. Personally I'd rather fall down the stairs then touch a handrail.

If people were offended, I am sorry.

Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 lulu2 said:

Cakers, I hope you saved room for me on the naughty girls' bench.

I did not see your post as making fun of people whose health would be jeopardized by germs in public places.

This thread was about how we and the general population deal with cleanliness (or lack of) in public, particularly restaurants. Some responses I found to be amusing. I've worked in a restaurant so know what went on, and I still eat out.

We've had threads where posters said they bring their owns bedding and towels to hotels. I remember a poster saying she wiped down the church pews. Personally I'd rather fall down the stairs then touch a handrail.

If people were offended, I am sorry.

lulu: It isn't a matter if somebody was offended. It was just taken as an opportunity to slam somebody.

They read what I posted; and Noel especially knows my situation. I didn't expect anything else from SR - she'll take any chance to gain a friendship at the cost of hurting another person. And notice not one of them came back to take back what they said.

I'm done with this; if anybody else had posted that suit they'd be rotfl.

Since people don't know what others deal with, it's pretty ignorant and quite pompous to assume a poster is mocking others.

Honored Contributor

I'm one who brings my own pillows and cases to hotels. As I've said before, I have allergies to various laundry detergents which often times used to give me a rash under my eyes and on my face/cheeks. I also bring a clean face towel. Whatever works for us folks.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).