Esteemed Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

To paraphrase a famous Sinatra song:  Riding high in April, shot down in May, back on top in June.

It has all been speed bumps for me.

Hang in there, girl!

It'll be all right in the end. And if it''s not all right, then it's not yet the end.

That Beauty for Ashes thing really is true.

Honored Contributor

Cliche as it may sound, life is what you make of it.  I truly believe that if you think it is bad, it will be. If you think it is beautiful and amazing, it will be. We all go through hard times but if you let those times define you and the rest of your life, well, you are in for a hard ride.

Respected Contributor

@baker wrote:

Some people say life is a b--ch and they you die, some say life is suffering, I say life is maintanence. What do you think life is.?

I have to go with Auntie Mame.....Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ...........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

People say life is a:

gamble

crapshoot

bowl of cherries

cabaret

toss up

challenge

sacrifice

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Life can be a blessing and life can be a curse.  We can feel so joyous and happy one minute and so low and beyond sad another minute.  

I don't think life is entirely in your control.  If you want to live your life just for yourself and selfishly, maybe it is to a degree.  But, even then, it is not.  We can't control a lot factors. You can live a clean life, eat well. exercise, try to be kind to others, and still be felled by things out of your control.  You can be struck down by horrible illnesses, accidents -- things you have no say about it.  Other people can treat you in ways you would never imagine.  Loved ones, friends, betray way.

On the opposite side of the coin --- you can experience love that you never knew existed.  You may feel a contentment and peace just looking at the blue sky.  A smile from a young child may be the answer to your sadness on another day.

Life is full of unexpected occurrences.  You can never take anthing for granted.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Life is hard but it can be good.

Respected Contributor

Re: People say life is a

[ Edited ]

Great question, baker!  I see life as a series of opportunities and challenges. 

It isn't a beach, for sure, and I don't find it the other "b" word, either but that may be mostly because I've been fortunate.

Honored Contributor

I see life as an opportunity that needs to be shared to be enjoyed..I agree with the poster who said that if you see the good in the world you will feel good inside and if you only see the negatives then your life will be miserable.I always taught my son that people can say what they want but it is still your choice how you feel about it and how you react to it.

Valued Contributor

Someone else already said it:

Life is what YOU make it.

libby's folly
Trusted Contributor

I agree with those who have said life is what we choose to make it. One of my favorite quotations is from Martha Washington who said "The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."