Respected Contributor

Re: People putting hair remover in shampoo bottles now

The hair remover in shampoo hoax been around since 2007, maybe earlier & I hope this is another one BUT with all the disgusting tampering going on everyone needs to triple check what they're buying. Good grief, what's next...how low can we go? 

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

The hair remover in shampoo hoax been around since 2007, maybe earlier & I hope this is another one BUT with all the disgusting tampering going on everyone needs to triple check what they're buying. Good grief, what's next...how low can we go? 

That answer is yet to be determined... the quest is never ending it seems.

Honored Contributor

How stupid is stupid?  It has to be in the air or water.  smh

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I saw the pic of her shaved head, but it just looks like it had been shaved.

I don't see any "bald" patches -- where the hair had all fallen out and left shiny, bald patches. Know what I mean?

I agree with you.  Most creme hair removers have to set for a time don't they?  10 minutes?  This story smells to me -- much like hair remover creme.

Honored Contributor

Anything that goes in or on a person shoul have some sort of a security or safety seal on it.

Honored Contributor

The more people discuss this foolishess, it only serves to entice sickos into doing their version.  The do it for the attention and sadly the media and social media are giving them exactly what they want.  

Respected Contributor

I smell hoax.

Hair removers have to be left on for several minutes to work.

Some hair remover added to a bottle of shampoo would dilute it so much I doubt it would work at all.

Honored Contributor

So what's worse? That someone may have done this or that someone is perpetuating a hoax?

To me, it's a draw becasue although the latter sounds less menacing, it fans the fears, especially those who tend to see the world through the prism of exaggerated anxiety.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

This could blind people if they get it in their eyes. If they catch anyone doing this, I hope they throw the book at them. The variety of ways people can be stupid and evil never ceases to amaze me.

Trusted Contributor

This country is going through terrible times.