Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

About right, and will only get more complicated as States start passing laws for recreactional use of marijuana.

I agree..................................and some of the lame reasons the doc's give those marijuana prescriptions out are ridiculous.................i think many of the states will regret that legalized ruling....but of course at this point it is too late.....won't be able to go back and change it...

The drug problem is just awful.  I just wanted to comment, though, @kelsey17, that medical marijuana doesn't get you high.  It helps with pain without getting the patient high.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

A lot of the people who "ruin" their lives with drugs have been physically abused, se***lly abused/raped, traumatized by war, mentally abused, suffered domestic abuse, subjected  to horrible parenting, bullied, beaten, suffer from cancer and other diseases that are helped by mj, and more.  Believe me, you don't want to hear stories of how bad people abuse and hurt each other...it'd make your skin crawl.  

You certainly don't have to enable an addict,  But a little compassion for their traumas would be helpful.  

Regular Contributor

I do not understand if marijuana is a prescription drug why it is not in a pharmacy dispensed by a pharmacist like any other regulated drug.  Seems this is just a way toward legalization of recreational marijuana.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder how much smaller the pool of applicants would become if employers tested for alcohol.  Then we would all be sitting here complaining about people who drink alcohol, right?  Because nobody here does that.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

I'm not proud to say this, but I was a drug addict many years ago and almost died from it. I have seen drug use all the way from the top professionals to those people living under the bridge. No one is immune to any of it. I'm just thankful for the people in my life who save my butt from going six feet under. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee, I'm glad you got the help you needed. You have guts to share that, and you are absolutely right no one is immune from it.

Honored Contributor

I think it's important to be open about personal drug use and not hide it until you get discovered while doing a drug test. Hiding behind a drug problem is not the answer. Everyone involved, including the non-drug users, is what is needed to make getting off drugs successful. Without support, a drug addict will stay on drugs...I know.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm not proud to say this, but I was a drug addict many years ago and almost died from it. I have seen drug use all the way from the top professionals to those people living under the bridge. No one is immune to any of it. I'm just thankful for the people in my life who save my butt from going six feet under. 

@SilleeMee  I'm so glad you were able to kick that habit!!  That must've been really hard.  Hugs to you, and kudos on getting out of that lifestyle!!  Heart

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I think that some people are more forgiving of the alcohol abuser because they themselves drink, while they wouldn't think of using weed. If an impaired individual hits me with their car, what impairs them is all the same to me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan