Honored Contributor

Re: People hoarding paper products again I think

[ Edited ]

I like bj's brand paper towels, and cost less. Not one to think this was not going to happen,not surprised.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Because it makes my stomach go sour for one thing. People like to report on the bad things that isn't even true for everybody and then people like to respond to the bad things with more bad news.

Who  wants to live with more bad news every day. I was glad  I was able to use all that flour for the church that I cook  for. Thank you for bringing that up.

I'm tired of all these **** threads of shortages, panic buying instigation, think people just like to think  they created it . Makes them feel superior.

You can't ignore them their in the **** forums each and every day.

'Panty shortages', no more panty buying, stock up now will be next.

Won't be able to buy a pair of drawers next.  ROFL

@SharkE 

I think the media likes to fuel the flame with BAD NEWS.....I even spotted a national news anchor with a sly smile as she reported it... And all this talk DOES lead to hoarding....you can read about it in some threads here ....and see it in TV interviews of shoppers....

And I'm tired of half truths being reported....not all areas in some states are spiking...like our county....but they include us in the "doom and gloom"....no way is any area going to have zero new cases or zero hospitalizations..(we came close one day there were only 43 new cases, now its averaging around 171 to 191 per day)...but it seems the good news is seldom reported...you have to research it on your own....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt, I'm thinking that unless you're watching or reading local news, the national new will not go into various counties. So the fact does remain that in a large swath of the country, the virus is indeed spiking.

When we were seemingly going better a few months ago, I found that out from the news.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Because it makes my stomach go sour for one thing. People like to report on the bad things that isn't even true for everybody and then people like to respond to the bad things with more bad news.

Who  wants to live with more bad news every day. I was glad  I was able to use all that flour for the church that I cook  for. Thank you for bringing that up.

I'm tired of all these **** threads of shortages, panic buying instigation, think people just like to think  they created it . Makes them feel superior.

@SharkE 

I think the media likes to fuel the flame with BAD NEWS.....I even spotted a national news anchor with a sly smile as she reported it... And all this talk DOES lead to hoarding....you can read about it in some threads here ....and see it in TV interviews of shoppers....

And I'm tired of half truths being reported....not all areas in some states are spiking...like our county....but they include us in the "doom and gloom"....no way is any area going to have zero new cases or zero hospitalizations..(we came close one day there were only 43 new cases, now its averaging around 171 to 191 per day)...but it seems the good news is seldom reported...you have to research it on your own....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt, I'm thinking that unless you're watching or reading local news, the national new will not go into various counties. So the fact does remain that in a large swath of the country, the virus is indeed spiking.

When we were seemingly going better a few months ago, I found that out from the news.

@suzyQ3 

The news media should say that parts of the State are spiking (they should do their research which is part of their job as journalists)..I find it interesting that the FCC has rules about truth in news stories too...Per FCC "It is illegal for broadcasters to intentionally distort the news"

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE 

@suzyQ3 

The news media should say that parts of the State are spiking (they should do their research which is part of their job as journalists)..I find it interesting that the FCC has rules about truth in news stories too...Per FCC "It is illegal for broadcasters to intentionally distort the news"

Some outlets do indeed distort the news. I don't watch them; and what I do watch, I still like to verify by checking several other outlets.

As for partial spiking, it's pretty much a given that in most states the numbers vary by locale. The national news broadcasts can't possibly cover that. Check your local news, @Spurt 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I stopped in my local Walgreens on Saturday afternoon - entire front of store was loaded with pallets of paper products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

Taking the topic off topic into argumentative territory again.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Bringing up the subject only makes the hoarders hoard.   

Honored Contributor

What happened last year,is why people are buying every thing they had trouble getting last year.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

Which came first, the hoarder or the shortage discussion? All it takes to set most people off is an early snowfall or a visit to the store and finding the shelves bare.

I don't think wannabe hoarders who are actually on the fence about whether or not to wipe out their local Krogers and Costcos this week come here to get the final word on their choices.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE 

@suzyQ3 

Some outlets do indeed distort the news. I don't watch them; and what I do watch, I still like to verify by checking several other outlets.

As for partial spiking, it's pretty much a given that in most states the numbers vary by locale. The national news broadcasts can't possibly cover that. Check your local news, @Spurt 

@suzyQ3 

Yep, your right my friend,  I think I'll just try to avoid these Co-Vid related topics in the future, and just do research on my own....  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”