Honored Contributor

Re: People hoarding paper products again I think

I did see on the crawl for GMA this morning mention of some stores limiting sales of paper products again.  While my stores have paper products, they have ever fully recovered with the full complement of what they normally carry.  I happen to like Bounty paper towels, but I can only get Brawny in the single or double pack.  I can get Bounty if I want to get a full 6 pack, but I have not yet resorted to that.  

Honored Contributor

I noticed that Sam's has the signs posted again, limiting the # of items you can buy. 

And Target had 2 empty rows of just shelves. It formerly had paper products. The paper products were all on another row. It was slim pickings.

Respected Contributor

On my last Walmart run I noticed the bathroom tissue was pretty well stocked, but there has been a paper towel shortage in my area ever since this virus shutdown started.

Maybe people are stocking up due to weather conditions, storms and all, and in anticipation of winter snow storms if you live in the northern part of the country.  I usually like to have a supply of necessities in case we get a big snow or ice storm.  And that was before the virus.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

My local Kroger is still limiting paper product purchases to 2.  The supply seems to be there, though.  Another thing limited to 2 is antibacterial hand and dish soap.  

Honored Contributor

I went grocery shopping early this morning.  I got all excited because it's the week for the gas gift card deal at Publix and I wanted to go before it got crowded. Such an exciting life.

I am your roving reporter, LOL.  Here is what the paper towel and toilet paper supplies looked like.  I was just there a few days ago,  they had tons more toilet paper a few days ago.

But, they DID have plenty of wipes this morning.  They were very low on napkins and had plenty of tissues.  I have no idea why these pictures are posting sideways.  Sigh.

D6E4A21E-B37B-4363-95B4-8A848AE6980C.jpeg

748A16B7-16A0-4FCB-879C-B0270F0CC22E.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

In my area of southern WV, we are seeing a considerable number of positive cases of the virus every day.  

Our grocery stores are being hit hard again, and it seems to be more than the first of the month rush or an early rush for Thanksgiving foods.   

Teacher daughter was in Kroger today to get a turkey breast to cook for her boyfriend, and country ham for us, and said the store was bustling, like it usually is before a snowstorm.   State employees had a holiday today which could also account for more shoppers, but many of us have also heard our Governor mention the possibility of another shutdown.   

Esteemed Contributor

Our area has more than anyone would need.  And hand sanitizer is everywhere.  I guess my hunt is over.  

Respected Contributor

Australia was shut down and now just got opened up but still careful, Italy is again having a huge problem with hospitals full so here we go again. That is how it started over there then soon with be the east coast and it will work it's way to the west coast. 2nd round here we go, hope all of you have prepared this summer. Grocery store today seems well stocked in certain items & others not. It's mostly microwave food, ramen noodles & soup. Yes paper products are limited & shelves not stocked. Don't know if cleaning supplies are down didn't go to that isle. Got a fridge for the garage in July so slowly stocked that up. I feel bad for people that aren't prepared or have large families. Daughter & I will exchange items that we need with eachother. Well I will probably just give it to her cuz I don't think I will need anything. Moms do that. I have done it way before covid LOL I don't hoard, just this summer little bits and I am happy to share if someone needs it.