Honored Contributor

Re: People calling in live on shows

@Spurt wrote:

There's another funny call on You Tube with Rick and a late night call..... the guy said he was going to use his new DVR or whatever it was to watch "dirty movies" (he used a different name)....Rick handled it professionally....

@Spurt   And the caller's name was "Randy".  Which has certain connotations.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

In the Kitchen with Bob.........

Caller said they have a rat problem and the rat had gone on the top of the can so when the caller opened it with the old type can opener, the droppings went into the can.

So he didn't feed the food to his kids.

Why didn't he at least clean the top of the can?????  I would have thrown the thing out.

Serious *gag* reflex on that one.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

There's another funny call on You Tube with Rick and a late night call..... the guy said he was going to use his new DVR or whatever it was to watch "dirty movies" (he used a different name)....Rick handled it professionally....

@Spurt   And the caller's name was "Randy".  Which has certain connotations.  LOL

@Cakers3 

😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

The call with David last night was a woman whose son (or a male relative) had a falling accident, broke his neck and died. She also spoke about her father had been terminally ill and died recently. Very sad stuff. I am also of the mind that these calls are awkward and do not add anything to the presentation.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember one from years ago in the middle of the night. Woman called in and told the story of when her husband died, how she went home alone to her now empty house, turned on the TV and QVC was on. How comforted she was by their pleasant voices and friendliness, etc. She wasn’t morose; she was just thanking them for being there. I often think of her when I see people here saying the hosts are just salespeople.

Otherwise, I don’t really remember many phone calls. Most go well enough and many are clunkers. Have no opinion on whether they go or stay, but do wonder how the hosts are trained to handle some of the really bad ones.