Honored Contributor

Re: People calling in live on shows

@Spurt wrote:

But nothing beats the call Leah got on AM Style when a woman was talking to Leah on the phone, and a male  came into the room where the woman was and tried to interrupt her, and she yelled can't you see I'm on the (F Bomb) phone....and Leah was very gracious and said...."its a live television show"....QVC either cut her off or the woman hung up....(its on You Tube).....

I hate the calls, but that one was funny, and Leah handled is perfectly.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

And there was a call with Steve Bryant when he was selling dolls.....many, many years ago.  The comment was funny and inappropriate all at once.  I can't describe it any further.  

Honored Contributor

I remember a call when Lisa Mason was host.  The caller said she loved the "Maggie Sweet" line of clothing which only was sold on HSN (this was before HSN/QVC were owned by the same company).  Lisa just let the caller talk on while staring blankly at the camera.  I hate the phone calls.  Rarely does a caller make an intelligent comment or suggestion.  Agree with a previous poster that it at least gives the host a break from babbling.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess it's a big secret as to what was said on the call with David.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roscoe the Rascal 

I agree; many hosts would have cut her off much sooner.  I was surprised how long he kept her on line.  I personally wish they would get rid of the call ins.  I hate the people who call in and list all the things they have bought.  

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Just personal losses that had nothing to do with what he was selling.

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@World Traveler   David is a good listener because what else is he going to do ?

@Leggett28   It's his job.  I agree.

He is a salesman and not your friend.  He isn't about to tell the caller - "You are off topic" - you know, like we see around here all the time.

Some people are lonely, some need to vent, some do it just to do it for no reason.

It's the same with calls regarding brand A when brand B is the one on the air.

And honestly callers giving feedback about how nice the item is-well, we all know we should be taking that with a grain of salt.  I doubt the call screener would allow somebody to say "Hey, I bought that and it totally stunk".  Not that it couldn't slip in.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

@Anonymous032819 they don't want us to know   Lol   

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch QVC, but unfortunately heard the call with David last evening.

I felt sorry for him, but he did handle it well. It was just one more reason to stop with the calls. It was a good thing David was the host, can't even imagine how some of the other hosts would have handled it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's another funny call on You Tube with Rick and a late night call..... the guy said he was going to use his new Dell computer to watch "dirty movies" (he used a different name)....Rick handled it professionally....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”