Respected Contributor

Re: People Who Don't Say Thank You

"Thank you, too"  What the heck does that mean, who would ever say that....lol  The correct response to thank you is a "you're welcome".  Thanking for thanking you just silly.

Esteemed Contributor

I went to a wedding last October, left a gift. Ran into the bride in January, asked if she got the gift, answered yes. The "thank you" note arrived this month. They had already been living together for years, so no excuse about life taking over works.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

I must live in the polite part of the country, I haven't noticed a lack of "thank you" when it's called for.  

I have to say that I do notice where I live (NC) I hear a lot more please, thank yous, yes ma'am and no ma'am than when I lived in the north. I am not saying it is all like that, I am saying I have noticed that where I lived in the north.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

"Thank you, too"  What the heck does that mean, who would ever say that....lol  The correct response to thank you is a "you're welcome".  Thanking for thanking you just silly.

Did I miss a post? Thank you too?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

Most of the replies were I just have not had the time. And I said if you are that busy, please do not interrupt your busy schedule to write me. I agree with you I think 1 year is to long, try 3 months.                                  bamasec

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Generational thing.

I made rolls for one elderly gal who requested them she bought me a bottle of body lotion from that place on the Mall.

I made cookies for a gal in her late 30's, nothing........... I gave her a Kitchen aid 9 speed hand mixer she never even acknowledged it. I had to ask if she liked it . "Yeah, it's OK". Guess she never used it. LOL

Then, I gave her baby a pair of white gold earrings that I had bought online

and didn't realize how tiny they were. She commented she would give them to her cousin. I said "I would keep them for your baby when you have her ears pierced they are GOLD".   She just acted like 'maybe'.............

No more gifts to that little gal. 

Wow, how rude!  "Yeah, its ok"? How does someone get that entitled. I couldn't imagine saying that to someone who gave me anything! I am sorry that she treated you like that. You must have been stunned! Terrible!

JFK
Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

Sydney H says she can think of bigger pet peeves. I believe that the simple act of saying thank you is a "building block" of sorts. It is a reflection of what is to come. People who have gratitude and can empathize and appreciate  don't go on to do the things that may be "bigger pet peeves'.

My goodness the thank you note. If someone spends such a high amount of the money they worked long hours for, the least you can do is send a nice thank you note. Basamec is totally right. I bought A nice little set of thank you notes not too long ago just in case.

That's your 'belief', I work with hundreds of cusotmers a day, them not saying thank you is sometimes a blessing.  No biggie........

Respected Contributor

@JBKO - How was work this week?  Have you given any more thought to your sex discrimination grievance?

Trusted Contributor

Yes SaRina. There was lots of great information on that thread. But it got to the point that I couldn't entertain those posters anymore.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

Did I miss a post? Thank you too?

No, I did say that was a response that is sometimes appropriate...as when two people have a business transaction that's beneficial to each.

I see nothing silly about it at all.