Honored Contributor

People The Mallomars Have Arrived

The Mallomars are here, I bought a box today for a $1.89! These disappear when the weather turns warmer, get them now (stock up). For those who do not know about these, you're missing out. 

Honored Contributor

Re: People The Mallomars Have Arrived

I can't remember if I've tried these but chocolate and marshmallow - nothing bad there!  Smiley Very Happy

As some here know, I am in love with Pinwheels (also Nabisco), so if ya can't find the Mallomars, you might like these.

One difference is that the Pinwheels don't have the vanilla type cookie on the bottom.  They have chocolate cookie and it's not crumbly or hard.  It's solid but moist.

Honored Contributor

Where's the pot??

I love s'mores but don't care for Mallowmars.  Go figureSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Pinwheels are better because of the chocolate cookie. I used to love those but haven't had one in decades.

The company Dare has a Mallomar version $2 a box at Big Lots and they are pretty good and sold there year round.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I can't remember if I've tried these but chocolate and marshmallow - nothing bad there!  Smiley Very Happy

As some here know, I am in love with Pinwheels (also Nabisco), so if ya can't find the Mallomars, you might like these.

One difference is that the Pinwheels don't have the vanilla type cookie on the bottom.  They have chocolate cookie and it's not crumbly or hard.  It's solid but moist.

@chickenbutt nothing wrong with a Pinwheel, I haven't been looking for them so I don't know if they have them where I shop ( I shop in Nassau County, NY). Does anyone remember the vanilla kind of soft cookie with marshmallow in between two of the cookies? They may have been made by Nabisco, I liked these too, but I'm thinking they've been discontinued. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt nothing wrong with a Pinwheel, I haven't been looking for them so I don't know if they have them where I shop ( I shop in Nassau County, NY). Does anyone remember the vanilla kind of soft cookie with marshmallow in between two of the cookies? They may have been made by Nabisco, I liked these too, but I'm thinking they've been discontinued. 

I don't but they sound like Moon Pies which are still sold.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't but they sound like Moon Pies which are still sold.

Where I'm from we had Scooter Pies which was a Moon Pie. Mallomars are smaller than a Moon Pie. 

Respected Contributor

Thinking about seasonal chocolate items reminds me that I miscalculated the last time Andrew Lessman was selling his Choco-Nuvo and I'm running dangerously low!  I'm looking forward to stocking up again when it gets consistently cooler.

Honored Contributor

The road to my Type-2 diabetes is paved with Pinwheels.  But at $4.50/package, it is best they are but a delicious memory.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 - these are my favorite store bought cookie. Give me a row of mallomars and a glass of cold milk and I'm in heaven. 

If I see them on sale I buy a bunch and freeze them.