Honored Contributor

Re: People The Mallomars Have Arrived

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I can't remember if I've tried these but chocolate and marshmallow - nothing bad there!  Smiley Very Happy

As some here know, I am in love with Pinwheels (also Nabisco), so if ya can't find the Mallomars, you might like these.

One difference is that the Pinwheels don't have the vanilla type cookie on the bottom.  They have chocolate cookie and it's not crumbly or hard.  It's solid but moist.

@chickenbutt  Oh the power of suggestion! I used to love Pinwheels but haven't had one in decades. I was just at Big Lots where they are on sale for $2.50 plus I had a $5 off $15 of merchandise coupon I used. So now I'm the proud owner of a whole package of Pinweels that I need like a hole in the head!  I hope I like them as much as I did 50 years ago! 😀

Ooh, bad girl!  Smiley Very Happy  Hope you still love them.   

That's a great price!  I just looked at my receipt from this week and I paid $5.49 a package.    I'm so bad that I keep several packages on hand.  I believe I have 5 or 6 right now.    This is because of the fact that last year they disappeared for quite a while (like many months!) so I don't want to run out again.  I keep them in Lock & Lock containers so they stay nice and fresh.

I allow myself only two of them in a given day.   Don't want to gain weight but I could probably snork down at least 4 of them if I would allow myself.

Cheers!  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt  It was a great price and they don't expire til 2022 some time. A whole bunch of cookies were on sale there for $2.50: all varieties of Oreos, Chips Ahoy and several others I can't remember now. If it hadn't been for this thread I wouldn't have niticed the Pinwheels. The packaging has changed since I last bought them, probably when LBJ was in office! 😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I can't remember if I've tried these but chocolate and marshmallow - nothing bad there!  Smiley Very Happy

As some here know, I am in love with Pinwheels (also Nabisco), so if ya can't find the Mallomars, you might like these.

One difference is that the Pinwheels don't have the vanilla type cookie on the bottom.  They have chocolate cookie and it's not crumbly or hard.  It's solid but moist.

I also think Pinwheels are covered in milk chocolate and Mallomars in darker chocolate... Personally, I like them both...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I also think Pinwheels are covered in milk chocolate and Mallomars in darker chocolate... Personally, I like them both...

@stevieb   What's not to like?

Honored Contributor

I bought two packages and they are in freezer.   

They are not as readily available in central NY as they were when I lived  in Jersey.

When I see them, I buy them. 

Now, if I can only eat a few at a time!   I can easily put away a sleeve or two............................

Pinwheels I can find year round.  I prefer Mallomars, but when desperate..............LOL LOL LOL  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Oh, hold up, I have heard of these! Aren't they chocolate and marshmallow in a cookie? I haven't tried one but it sounds like smores 

Trusted Contributor

Mallomars  would not survive the heat on the trip back home here...But I see Pinwheels all the time. Not a real cookie fan unless it has some crunch to it.