Honored Contributor

People: No public Appearances For the Queen Any Time Soon

Prince Charles and Prince William returned to public duty on Tuesday as they made their first in-person appearances since the coronavirus gripped the U.K. in March, but fans shouldn't expect Queen Elizbeth to take part in public appearances anytime soon.

The outings came as the U.K. government started lifting some restrictions, and the royal family has felt able to step out publicly. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Anne and Sophie, Countess of Wessex also stepped out this week. Strict social distancing was in place throughout each outing.

However, Queen Elizabeth, 94, is unlikely to be seen outside of palace walls for many months, leading some to speculate that she will not step out for an official public duty until the fall at the earliest.

Palace aides are said to be keeping her calendar clear amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

A royal source told the U.K. paper The Sunday Times, “The Queen won’t do anything which goes against the advice of people in her [age] category, and she’s going to take all the appropriate advice.

There are discussions what we could do and couldn’t do come October.”

While she may not be making in-person appearances, she’s still maintaining a full schedule while she’s in isolation at Windsor Castle.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman says, “The Queen continues to be busy and will follow appropriate advice on engagements.”

The Queen will continue to carry out official duties, such as meeting with U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson — by phone as she has been doing — reviewing her papers and talking with aides. She’s made several video addresses to the public and recently participated in her first public video call alongside her daughter Princess Anne.

She's also unlikely to return to Buckingham Palace from Windsor Castle, where she has remained she since headed there on March 19. Her husband Prince Philip, 99, has been sheltering in place alongside her.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: People: No public Appearances For the Queen Any Time Soon

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad she is following guidelines.  It's unbelievable that she and the Prince have still lived this long.  But her mother lived beyond 100.  God bless her.

Honored Contributor

well, my almost 80 year old mother is not going out and about. she has probably been out maybe 5 times since this began and that was to go to doctors appointments. probably a good thing that the 94 year old queen is doing the same thing!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Yes, I think they should keep her and Prince Philip under wraps for the time being.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I have an imagine of the Queen staying in her jammies all day and relaxing with her feet up!

Silly, I know, but I'm so happy she is staying safe, and hoping she's getting a nice, long break from many of her duties.  I'm sure she misses them, however.

And, happy she is with the Prince.  

Super Contributor

Glad she is doing well. I love hearing about the royal family.  

Respected Contributor

I also love reading about the Royal Family.  Do any of you watch The Crown? I love it, but the first & second seasons the Prince wasn't such a prize.  Does anyone have any idea when the next season will air?  I used to watch Poldark also and got completely mixed up on the airing dates.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle 

I watched the first season of The Crown and enjoyed it, but did not follow up with subsequent seasons.  I have no idea where it is at this point.

If you enjoyed Poldark, you must seek out the original version.  My husband brought the series home from the library many years ago, and I adored it.  Very different than the current version.  Not as slickly produced and a bit cheesy, but I just fell in love with it.

Tried watching the new version, but....had trouble following the story and lost interest.

May go back to it at another time.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle  I also loved the Crown series.  I believe I had read the next season would be in the fall of this year.  Of course, not sure if the virus issues will postpone it at all, seems like that has been happening with some of the series.   I am now looking forward to Yellowstone, starts back up the 21st (Fathers day) !!!!

Honored Contributor

I posted this somewhere else a few weeks ago that the virtual video appearances seem to be working well and I can see her doing a combination of video events for lesser important things and just a few in person events a year.

Especially if no one is missing having her there.

She will probably offload even more patronages this year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN