Honored Contributor

Re: People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive

I don't consider People a news magazine, so I feel as if their cover is in tune with their mission.  By the way, I don't particularly care for their mission which I believe is to support a celebrity society and leave the more serious ideas to others.

As for their sexiest man -   not my perception, but so what?  I've never once bought even a single issue of People; they don't need to please me.

Honored Contributor

Certainly DB is a good looking man and I'm sure to some sexy, but beauty or coming off as being sexy is in the eye of the beholder. I find guys who are kind and generous to be sexy no matter what they look like.

Honored Contributor

I just bought the new People.  I was disappointed to see there isn't a person of color on the front cover.

Come on!  Good grief!  So I went looking and as far as I could tell Denzel Washington is the only male of color who has been on the list/cover.

It doesn't make any sense.  I once saw a short story on who and how these guys (and girls) are picked.  Based on that I would say there are a lot of other people who qualify.

This world is full of beautiful people, inside and out.  It would be neat if they picked someone who was attractive (not necessarily beautiful) but sexy in other ways.  We all have our ideas of sexy.

Who would some of you like to see on the cover?  I'd definitely like to see Idris Elba, Tyson Beckford, the list goes on and on.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Annabellethecat66

You'll find that lots of posters have included shots of Idris, Denzel, and other lovely men in the thread called "Overlooked Sexiest Men Alive."   Keyai of QVC makes an appearance also.  The thread is in Community Chat.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Overlooked-Sexiest-Men-Alive/td-p/2311700

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.