Re: People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive

beckham = sexy!!  good job people

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hsawaknow wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

David Beckham? Well, OK I guess. Smiley Indifferent

But I'm more upset that People relegated the Paris tragedy on the cover to just a square on the left. Don't you think they could have postponed their "sexiest man" issue one week at least? I do. 

You would think they would.

I wouldn't think that at all. People is more of a celebrity gossip magazine than a news magazine. I'll get my news from news magazines, not from a company that keeps putting the Duggers and the Kardashians on the cover. News is not what People is for these days.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I've actually published a small niche market magazine and know that a mag like People has much of their content prescheduled for months. It would not be easy for them to just push it back a week. Advertising commitments are made for special issues, too. I don't think any less of People, it's great they were able to give it some "cover"age so quickly.

MaggieMack - thanks to you and Greenhouse for explaining this! Smiley Happy I never thought about the obligations the editors already had. I just reacted when I saw the cover posted slightly after midnight. 

And I understand everyone who is saying things like if we stray from normalcy, the terrorists win. You're right. I guess the rawness of what happened impacted me the other night when I saw the cover.

I also agree People has never been a "hard news" magazine, but it IS about people, and once in a while they go with a news story. I hope - and I think - that in upcoming issues they will profile some of the heroes of the tragedy, like the man who pulled the pregnant woman hanging outside on a windowsill of the music venue to safety. I'm sure they are a lot of other stories reporters will find. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know about Sexiest Man Alive..buttttt

He will do LOL

Respected Contributor

Reading People magazine????  And, actually caring what they publish?  Very funny.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm good with Beckham !
Honored Contributor

Their choices almost always lack something from my point of view, but David is as good a choice as any, given their track record...  As for their focus not being on recent events, People really isn't a 'news' magazine and I'm sure this issue was well under way when events happened...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

David Beckham is very cute, but in MY book, the Sexiest Man Alive is JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN!!!  That man could have chemistry with a tree--LOL!  I guess he flies somewhat under the radar, but he was awesome on Extant, and I am really enjoying him on The Good Wife.  Of course, my ULTIMATE SMA is my handsome hubby!

Valued Contributor

there is nothing s exy about him at all and all those tats!!  Yuck!!!

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of tattoos but there's just something about David Beckham that has caused me a fantasy or two.

I thought he was quite handsome at the royal wedding.

His Daddy and daughter pictures are always precious.