Esteemed Contributor

People Helping People

[ Edited ]

There is an article on cnn dot com, about how people are opening their homes to Irma evacuees.

The kindness of strangers!

Heart  Heart  Heart  

It's a good, heart-warming article about the kindness of strangers.Smiley Happy

It's titled  

"People open their doors to Hurricane Irma evacuees"

Honored Contributor

Image result for kindness quotes images

Valued Contributor

The stories of people helping each other in Texas and now Florida are truly inspirational.  People aren't nearly as divided as we are led to believe when we get down to the things that really matter.  I saw someone on TV saying that the Cajun Navy will be making their way to Florida this week to help out. 

Honored Contributor

Hats off to all of the "helpers," the ones Mr. Rogers reminded us of in his deep wisdom.  He said that his mother pointed out the helpers who show up in times of distress, need and danger.

That Cajun Navy is something else!  They deserve a movie. 

Honored Contributor

It makes one feel that there are people that care, i think in the end of our lives , god will remind us of this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I like to think that there are more good people in this world, then there are bad.

It's just the bad ones get all the press

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2Some times i sure wonder.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Yes Texas & Florida are both great states. I lived in Tx for about 9 yrs. I was born in Fl.

When I was in kindergarten in Newfoundland Canada we had a blizzard. We were at Harmon AFB. A couple of buses got stuck so everyone had someone staying with them. I remember that even at that young age. My dad got snowed in at work & could not make it home.

Honored Contributor

Re: People Helping People

[ Edited ]

Of course people in this country will help each other out when there is a disaster.These storms and floods are an act of God or nature, if you are not a believer and not your own doing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: People Helping People

[ Edited ]

Pardon me for being cynical but I think it's rather foolish to take a complete stranger into your home.  As they say, "no good deed goes unpunished".  It's just too risky and puts your family, including vulnerable children, at risk.  If you know the people who need help... fine, but be cautious.  Put valuables away out of sight. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment