Respected Contributor

People Disgust Me Sometimes.

You may think disgust is a strong word, but I feel so strongly about this right now.  It took me all of my morning to start cleaning our our cellar of the junk we've accumulated.  I did it all on my own... dragging huge outdoor bags full of stuff, secured them, and put them out on the sidewalk for the city to take.  I went outside earlier and someone had opened the bags, pulled things out, and left a mess.  We had a downpour which made it even more of a mess.  I don't care if someone needed something so bad that they have to go around looking through people's garbage, but geez did they have to leave me a mess???  I was in tears because I was so tired so when I saw it I just broke down. 

Honored Contributor

Re: People Disgust Me Sometimes.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Yes, sometimes some people can be very disgusting. 

I've been that tired so I can understand how you feel.

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar

So sorry you had to deal with inconsiderates and cleaning up the mess in the rain.  After the exhaustion from the cellar clean out fades away, you will have accomplished something major for yourself !!!!  Enjoy the satisfaction.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

If you have more stuff - how about putting a little (1 medium bag) out each week?

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

You may think disgust is a strong word, but I feel so strongly about this right now.  It took me all of my morning to start cleaning our our cellar of the junk we've accumulated.  I did it all on my own... dragging huge outdoor bags full of stuff, secured them, and put them out on the sidewalk for the city to take.  I went outside earlier and someone had opened the bags, pulled things out, and left a mess.  We had a downpour which made it even more of a mess.  I don't care if someone needed something so bad that they have to go around looking through people's garbage, but geez did they have to leave me a mess???  I was in tears because I was so tired so when I saw it I just broke down. 

@sparklestar I am so sorry this happened to you.  A while ago, there is a house on a four lane road that was being cleared out in order to sell and each week there would be bags of garbage on the curb.

One day, I happened to drive by and saw a van stopped in the lane closest to the house with their flashers on . . . the people were rooting through the bags and making a total mess.  I have no idea how it turned out but I would think the garbage guys had a lot on their plate that day.

We have become such an inconsiderate society and again I am so sorry this happened to you after all of your hard work.

Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@sparklestarSo sorry you had to deal with inconsiderates and cleaning up the mess in the rain.  After the exhaustion from the cellar clean out fades away, you will have accomplished something major for yourself !!!!  Enjoy the satisfaction

@sparklestar ~ pretty gross how piggish people are or can be.😝

Respected Contributor

People dig through the trash dumpster in our apt. complex daily and it truly is disgusting. They actually climb into the dumpster, rip open trash bags, and throw trash everywhere. Sorry that happened to you. Smiley Sad I understand your frustration.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

I hear you and I understand. The thing one has to remember when you witness this or other situations that posters have submitted: those doing this rarely share the sentiments regarding shame, what is appropriate behavior, etc. You can't assume they are poor or the unwashed, however, as many do. There are movements that support this (akin to dumpster diving) and truly don't believe that ANY of society's laws apply to them. 

You'd be surprised meeting them; surprised in many ways.

Hugs to you. The frustration and anger is something I would feel as well. It stinks to be disrespected in such a way.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar I know what you are saying.  I do most things myself.  Sometimes I can find someone to pay to help me, but it seems like people don't even want to work for money anymore.

When you live alone you either do it or it doesn't get done.  My friend lives near me and she's a widow too, same thing.

I hired someone (a neighbor) to help me but it seems like she's always busy doing other things, so mine gets put on the back burner.  He husband is retired too so he wants her with him.  She needs the money I pay her (she says) but evidentally, she doesn't.

My brother is 75 years old (I'm 70) and he's worse off.  He has 8 grandchildren, daughter and son-in-law and 9 grandchildren (who are 18 years old and older and don't help him.

If if you have the money to hire someone it's hard to find someone you feel is honest and will do a good job.

I'll pay them and give directions and the directions aren't even followed....you feel like 'why bother'.

Trusted Contributor

This is precisely why I never put the trash out until the morning of the pick up.  They come around 7-7:30 a.m. and I put stuff out at 6.  I know that is harder if you have a lot of stuff but I can't stand having to clean up trash because an animal or human has gotten into it or some drunk driver has hit and knocked the bin over.    Luckily when I have a big job, I can take the bags to the recycle center that is in town.  They take all the usual stuff plus regular trash and even old linens, pillows, and clothes.