Esteemed Contributor

Re: People Disgust Me Sometimes.

@sweetee2 wrote:

Thank you apple 1964 for your story. That was funny. I will be smiling about that one all day.

Your welcome... have a nice day!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@justmyopinion wrote:

It's not just homeless and the down and out who do this.

Plenty of people who restore furniture and other items pull their cars over and do this as do many sellers on Ebay who dumpster dive through various neighborhoods looking for anything to sell on Ebay, Etsy and their own garage sales.

HGTV  always feature aspiring designers who pick through trash too to find vintage treasures.

@justmyopinion

I agree with you, in fact, I made both of those same points early on.

1) That some people are looking for furniture finds and antiques, and

2) It's not always the homeless, but from my experience it usually is, at least here in the city.

@Noel7

You're right, it's not just the homeless, it's also law enforcement.

My family members with the FBI quite often go through 'suspects' trash in the middle of the night during an investigation, so if you're doing anything 'shady', watch your trash, LOL! 

BTW, trash on the curb/street is considered public domain since it's on public property (the curb/street).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@justmyopinion wrote:

It's not just homeless and the down and out who do this.

Plenty of people who restore furniture and other items pull their cars over and do this as do many sellers on Ebay who dumpster dive through various neighborhoods looking for anything to sell on Ebay, Etsy and their own garage sales.

HGTV  always feature aspiring designers who pick through trash too to find vintage treasures.

@justmyopinion

I agree with you, in fact, I made both of those same points early on.

1) That some people are looking for furniture finds and antiques, and

2) It's not always the homeless, but from my experience it usually is, at least here in the city.

@Noel7

You're right, it's not just the homeless, it's also law enforcement.

My family members with the FBI quite often go through 'suspects' trash in the middle of the night during an investigation, so if you're doing anything 'shady', watch your trash, LOL! 

BTW, trash on the curb/street is considered public domain since it's on public property (the curb/street).

@KingstonsMom

"It's also LE."  Woman LOL

That made my morning!  

Respected Contributor

I heard about a family that was replacing their couch so they put it by the curb with a free sign on it and for days it sat with no takers.  Finally, someone suggests that they change the sign from free to $50, since it was in great shape, and sure enough, once its changed to $50, someone comes by and "steals" it.... that couch was gone within hours!

......You look like I need a drink.....