Esteemed Contributor

No, not HIS explanation. But I will say in my line of work, it is quite common to use separate pens. Smile

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 brewhaha said:

I don't want to know what he does with his pens.

Hahahaha!

Post of the Day!

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 sunshine45 said:

by the way, placing a spoon inside a dish of jelly beans or m&ms doesnt mean people are going to use the spoon OR that the spoon doesnt touch their dirty hands and then goes back into the dish.

It's in my home...NOT on a desk at work.

Super Contributor

I've never been overly concerned about using the credit card scan pens/styluses to sign the screen at the grocery store or other retail stores that require their use. I guess I should, but I've never gotten ill from it. Besides, those types of special pens or styluses are needed since regular pens don't work on the screens.

Not sure how much more sanitary or clean a spoon in the jar of M&Ms or jelly beans is, since everyone uses it. Unless you change spoons after each use!

He must not wash his hands after using the bathroom, though. Otherwise, how does his fecal matter get on his pen?? Might not want to know THAT one! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 Preds said:

Well, we know where he keeps them. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

You guys are slayin' me! I read terrier's story & thought..."Dammmmmmm, Dude!" "Ah, sir...how DOES one get fecal matter on a pen?". Ignorance is Bliss.

Respected Contributor

I carry a few pens in my purse and will use my own to sign any paperwork. I dislike those pens attached to debit/credit machines in stores and either use my knuckle or my nail tip to avoid the germ magnets.

I was the same way while teaching-I had my own pencils and would not use a student's pencil. And a student wasn't to borrow mine either.

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 terrier3 said:

by the way, placing a spoon inside a dish of jelly beans or m&ms doesnt mean people are going to use the spoon OR that the spoon doesnt touch their dirty hands and then goes back into the dish.

but even having it in your home doesnt mean people are going to use the spoon.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
On 4/8/2015 terrier3 said:

I have a candy jar/dispenser that I got at a craft fair that works great for candy such as M&Ms, Skittles, etc. The candy is in a glass jar which is turned upside down into a wooden base. When you pull the knob in the front of the unit, it dispenses an amount of candy into your hand. You only get to touch the candy that falls into your hand. If you decide not to eat it, you can't just put the candy back in the jar without turning it upside down and removing the jar from the wooden base.

I didn't buy it for sanitary reasons, I just thought it was cute. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

While it is not always possible, I try to use only my own pens. Of course I must use the stylus attached to credit card terminals.