Honored Contributor

Re: Penny Marshall has passed away

@Vivian

Hi and I was also born and raised in the Bronx

@Vivian wrote:

I just read that she had lung cancer a few years ago. Clearly she suffered from several serious conditions. She was so down to earth, so real. As someone who was born in the Bronx, I felt a certain kinship with her.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Many years ago, I went to a Jewish Deli in Woodland Hills - on Ventura Blvd. I was standing at the front of the deli - when I heard her voice. She was at the counter ordering food -- couldn't miss that VOICE!!!!!

I'm in California 52 years - and still have my Brooklyn accent.

She did have lung cancer for many years - probably had many illnesses.

She was also a friend of Carrie Fisher!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I know she was married to Rob Reiner back in the 70's during his time on All in the Family.  I don't know when they divorced but obviously they stayed friends.  

So so sad to hear of Penny's  passing    She was such a riot , loved her on Laverne  & Shirley !

Sahmeal , samizel (sp) .........

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN Garry Marshall passed away in 2016...I was surprised that it was that long ago!

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I know she was married to Rob Reiner back in the 70's during his time on All in the Family.  I don't know when they divorced but obviously they stayed friends.  

So so sad to hear of Penny's  passing    She was such a riot , loved her on Laverne  & Shirley !

Sahmeal , samizel (sp) .........

Married for only 10 years '71 to '81.  It seemed longer to me than that.  Very sweet that he adopted her daughter Tracy when they married and stayed close to all @Kitty Galore

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Penny Marshall, Thanks for all the Great Memories.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Entertainment Tonight is doing their whole show on Penny tonight.