Honored Contributor

Re: Peace and Tranquility in Cold December

[ Edited ]

Strangely enough (or not), the other destination that I toyed with after my first marriage nose-dived almost immediately was Albuquerque.  I'd never visited Albuquerque nor New Mexico, but something sang out to me like a siren's song.

In the end, Rome was my destination.  From the time I was in grade school I loved the Italian culture and language, so I chose to go to Rome. 

Several years later, I worked with someone who became a lifelong friend.  She and I have stayed in touch for over four decades.  After she had two failed marriages, she ended up living in Taos and at the helm of a ski resort there.  

Deep inside my heart resides the urge to see New Mexico before leaving this life.  The state's beauty fascinates me. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Peace and Tranquility in Cold December

@dancingwoman   I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I rode through the San Luis Valley by the alligator farm.  I thought it was a joke.  Apparently they're able to use some thermal water. 

I've seen it featured on some Animal Planet programs.  They have some huge 'gators.  It's in the middle of nowhere all by itself. Probably stinks.  It's out of Alamosa on the long, straight highway called "the gun barrel". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment