Esteemed Contributor

I just thought of this today because we were at the movies, and there was a payphone in the lobby. It is the only place I have seen a payphone in I don't know how long. Do you see any payphones (Or phone booths) in your area? (PS, I actually took a picture of it with my cellphone, because well one day people might not know what they were..lol).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

I just thought of this today because we were at the movies, and there was a payphone in the lobby. It is the only place I have seen a payphone in I don't know how long. Do you see any payphones (Or phone booths) in your area? (PS, I actually took a picture of it with my cellphone, because well one day people might not know what they were..lol).

No, I never see them anymore. A couple of weeks ago my phone died and I had my car charger in the other car and I needed to make a phone call ASAP. I could not find one anywhere. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

They were actually a good idea. Once I was out and HAD to make an urgent call and, of all things, I didn't have my cell with me. I asked a stranger if I could make a call on his cell phone and he said "sure." People can be so nice.

Trusted Contributor

I saw one at a gas station last summer.  I took a picture of it to show to my kids.

Esteemed Contributor

There are THREE where I work.

Respected Contributor

They have almost disappeared in my area,  Actually, that is what prompted me to get my first cell phone.  Landline went out and had to wait two weeks for an appointment to fix it.  The closest pay phone was several blocks away.

Honored Contributor

There's a few here. Not sure if they work.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen a public phone booth in ages! The other thing I can't seem to find are the large mail boxes on street corners. 

Honored Contributor

I've seen a couple payphones in some remote mountain communities and towns. I think they are there because cellphone coverage is lacking.

Honored Contributor

@TaylorBrown wrote:

I saw one at a gas station last summer.  I took a picture of it to show to my kids.

LOL   I grew up with an outhouse for a bathroom. That would tickle them to death.